Ruger SR22 Pistol excessive trigger travel

This is a discussion on Ruger SR22 Pistol excessive trigger travel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bought the new Ruger SR22 pistol. Liked the style, features, quality of the product. Very accurate right out of the box. No problems with different ...

Thread: Ruger SR22 Pistol excessive trigger travel

Ruger SR22 Pistol excessive trigger travel

Bought the new Ruger SR22 pistol. Liked the style, features, quality of the product. Very accurate right out of the box. No problems with different types of ammo. The problem is with trigger travel and it's very noticeable. In double action, trigger travels exactly 1 inch before firing. Trigger is within 1/16 of an inch to back of trigger stop when it fires. In single action, trigger travels 1/2 inch before firing. When I tried a trigger reset, the travel was 3/8 inch from reset to firing. I've been shooting for over 50 years and this is the first time I've really been uncomfortable with a trigger like this. I sent an email to Ruger, yesterday, and gave them my findings and complaint. Haven't received a reply, but I expect one shortly. Has anyone else had this issue or know of problems in this area?

2. Remove Ads

Call ruger. I do not experience this issue. One phone call and you will be on the path to rectifying your situation.

My review...

Ruger SR22 Pistol Review

Excessive trigger travel ?? YES - and that's not all.

The Ruger SR 22 pistol-right out of the box-first time firing-bullett jammed . Lots of trouble (returned gun already to Ruger) BUT YES, to answer your question,(among many other malfunctions), I also had way excessive trigger travel and thought the first few times the "safety" was mysteriously" on" and the trigger disengaged. It took me a while to figure I had to pull way back for firing actuation. The first pull of the trigger would engage at a normal position but all subsequant pulls were nearly at the end of the trigger travel. Really wierd and I've never have experienced that-ever. Had horrible problems-first time out- and couldn't believe it. Failure to cycle,ammo jamming in cylinder,crimping of brass casing,all kinds of malfunctions-name it. I don't know what rights I may have but if this continues ,I may have to ask for another gun or ask credit toward another gun. Good thing it didn't happen in a moment of need. I'd be a dead man. I'm willing to bet Ruger has a lot of SR22's in line for repair. I bought the SR22 on the riviews of reliability with a myriad of ammo. I was using CCI Velocitor,CCI Mini-Mag, and some remington (good stuff). Regardless of ammo type, it all malfunctioned horribly. Oh, there were spurts of fire, but that was the rarity. I have another Ruger in a larger (44) caliber and have had it for years and expected this to be the same top product. Very disapointed. Now I'll have to wonder about reliability. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by WAPESQ View Post
    The Ruger SR 22 pistol-right out of the box-first time firing-bullett jammed . Lots of trouble (returned gun already to Ruger) BUT YES, to answer your question,(among many other malfunctions), I also had way excessive trigger travel and thought the first few times the "safety" was mysteriously" on" and the trigger disengaged. It took me a while to figure I had to pull way back for firing actuation. The first pull of the trigger would engage at a normal position but all subsequant pulls were nearly at the end of the trigger travel. Really wierd and I've never have experienced that-ever. Had horrible problems-first time out- and couldn't believe it. Failure to cycle,ammo jamming in cylinder,crimping of brass casing,all kinds of malfunctions-name it. I don't know what rights I may have but if this continues ,I may have to ask for another gun or ask credit toward another gun. Good thing it didn't happen in a moment of need. I'd be a dead man. I'm willing to bet Ruger has a lot of SR22's in line for repair. I bought the SR22 on the riviews of reliability with a myriad of ammo. I was using CCI Velocitor,CCI Mini-Mag, and some remington (good stuff). Regardless of ammo type, it all malfunctioned horribly. Oh, there were spurts of fire, but that was the rarity. I have another Ruger in a larger (44) caliber and have had it for years and expected this to be the same top product. Very disapointed. Now I'll have to wonder about reliability. Hope this helps.

Ruger has one of the best Customer Service reputations in the business, so pick up the phone and give them a call. It's rare that the don't take care of a problem on the first go-around, but it's up to you to let them know they didn't. I'm confident they'll make it right for you.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links