Rifle restrictions on California trip?

This is a discussion on Rifle restrictions on California trip? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Driving with the wife and kids to D-Land for their spring break. Are there any restrictions on taking my rifle with me in the back ...

Thread: Rifle restrictions on California trip?

Rifle restrictions on California trip?

Driving with the wife and kids to D-Land for their spring break. Are there any restrictions on taking my rifle with me in the back of the Surburban we rented? Its my favorite, my "tanker" (16"bbl.) style M1. I'd understood "magazine fed" rifles can be a problem, but of course the M1 has the 8 round en- bloc clip. I'm not sure where this fits in. Any advice would be appreciated. We're traveling through Utah and Nevada to get to CA.

2. Remove Ads

Since I moved you are good. No pistol grips of any kind. Though I doubt it on an M1, if you have a flash hider make sure the manufacturer describes it as a "muzzle break" (yes the law is vague and dumb... it's the PRK) Detachable magazine fed is fine 10 rounds and under. No AR's. But DOUBLE CHECK because the laws have gotten worse. All my guns were unregistered out there and now days I'd be hosed. The Lib creep is never ending there. ... EDIT: I reread your post. Have the M1 Locked, with a lock, in the trunk (or as in the back as you can get it in the 'burb) and the ammo up front with you. .. I got out in Apr 2009 and I'm not saying I did all this... but I am saying that I'd be incarcerated transporting like I usually did.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Unhappy Thanks

Thanks for the tip. :) Sounds like a big differnce between Idaho and the "left" coast.

Links