Music at the range? - Page 2

Music at the range?

This is a discussion on Music at the range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MotorCityGun Running with headset/music on is antithetical to SA. That is why I don't even bother carrying when I run. I run ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Music at the range?

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Running with headset/music on is antithetical to SA.
    That is why I don't even bother carrying when I run. I run 5 to 13 miles a few days a week and on Saturday, my long slow run, I will walk, run 15 to 20.

to much other nosie then gun fire and talking bothers me.

When I'm shooting I rock to "Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies"

Really makes me want to kill out that paper silhouette target... with a vengeance!

J/K

In all honesty I get into that "zone" from the pistols own action rhythm... no music needed.

When I'm doing my HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training) I always listen to classic rock
    Okemo likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Yep. Most entertaining to blast off .45 ACP or large bore magnum revolvers to Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture, in time with the cannon fire.

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture (Full with Cannons) - YouTube (at 12:05 and 14:15).

Turn up loud!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    From a practical point of view, listening to music to tune out the world may be considered bad form. With ear protection on you can still hear verbal commands shouted down the firing line or over the horn/speaker alert system like they have at my indoor range, but with music playing, you could easily miss them and cause an issue during a cease-fire.
    Being old school (LEO father) trained, I don't think anything like that belongs on the range for safety reasons like BigFish stated above. I think when safety of everyone is on the line, you need to be able to hear shouted commands, etc. My dad would FREAK if I started listening to music while shooting. Even now with him being 73 y/o, he would still kick my butt
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That is why I don't even bother carrying when I run. I run 5 to 13 miles a few days a week and on Saturday, my long slow run, I will walk, run 15 to 20.
    Yes, but do you listen to music when you run? I'm guessing you don't.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Yes, but do you listen to music when you run? I'm guessing you don't.
    Yes I do

Best way to keep you fit is running and while running if you listen to music then it would be more refreshing and energetic while gyming or working out you can listen to your favorite music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links