Killer Trades - Page 2

Killer Trades

This is a discussion on Killer Trades within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; lol, HotGuns, it looks like a tail, but it's really "Gemsbok", pronounced " hemsbuck" in English. They are small plains deer with a white blaze ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Killer Trades

lol, HotGuns, it looks like a tail, but it's really "Gemsbok", pronounced " hemsbuck" in English. They are small plains deer with a white blaze on it's back, which does resemble the underside of our whitetail.

By the way, I have one of those old rifles I brought home from the Phillipines during the Marcos-Aquino transition of power conflict. It had the stock sporterized by an enemy combatant, and was not in good shape.

Let's just say he didn't need it anymore, so I brought it home and had it rechambered to 30-06.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I paid $125 (out the door) for this Ruger Police Service Six 4" .357 Mag that had only been shot 3 times. Still looks mint.
    Attached Images
    HotGuns and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I bought this in a local pawn shop for $200 OTD and had it for 3 months and a buddy offered me $400 cash for it....it found a new home.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I traded in a Beretta 21A and $75 to get a Smith and Wesson 65. The gun has holster wear, but it's technologically sound and extremely accurate and worth more than that in my opinion.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I was standing on a street corner in Mpls. back in the 70's. I was a security guard at the time. A little ol' lady came up to me and asked "Officer, do you know anyone who would want a gun?".
    Well firstly I pointed out that I was not an officer, but a security guard. I then asked what kind of gun?
    "This one", she said pulling a Chief Special out of her purse. I almost freaked!
    "Lady, you can't just carry that around in your purse!"
    She said, "My husband just died recently and I found this in his desk."
    "How much?" I asked.
    "Oh, I don't want any money, I just want it to go to someone who will take care of it!"
    "Thank you very much!!!!!"
    :-)

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Previously reported in 2010.
    Dealing with a Taurus 85UL problem child that I wrote about previously, after it laid down on me a third time in 6 months from new, I got it back from factory repair. A few months later there was a local gun show. Yep, L’il miss 85UL went for a ride.

Trying to shop her around and not having much luck, until... I came across a table with a Dan Wesson 15-2 revolver, 357 mag. I asked to see it and was engaging the dealer a bit. I'm asking how much and we came down to: Him $360, Me $350 I think. I knew I was going to take it home, but then he asked, what you got there? nodding to the box in my hand. So we made an even trade.

My new-old Dan Wesson is Blue and came with 2 ˝ inch and 6 inch barrels, original all metal factory barrel tool, gauge, a walnut target grip, rubber Hogue combat grip and walnut modified Hogue grip. Just to be ornery and see what he’d say I asked if he had a box or case for me to carry it all in. He said “Oh yeah, it comes with this pouch” and pulled from under the table an original ‘Dan Wesson’ naugahide soft pack. Absolutely no holes or tears. I could not get away from that table fast enough! OH, HAPPY DAY!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links