Killer Trades

Killer Trades

This is a discussion on Killer Trades within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The other day I was talking to a fellow gun nut and he mentioned that he wanted a .22 suppressor but that he couldn't afford ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Killer Trades

Senior Moderator

Killer Trades

The other day I was talking to a fellow gun nut and he mentioned that he wanted a .22 suppressor but that he couldn't afford it.
    I told him that I have been known to trade gun,knives and ammo for them and that I was open to suggestions.

So, he offered me a 7.7 Jap Arisaka in pristine condition, a WW 2 bring back, with the Imperial Chrysanthemum on it, complete with aircraft sights and mono pod. As a milsurp collector and knowing that a good example of such would be worth around 600 bucks, I was about to agree to the trade when he offered to throw in a Sig 225 in 9 mm, with 4 magazines.

I was in shock, I couldn't believe it. Here was a suppressor worth 200 bucks, and he offered me a killer deal. Naturally I accepted.

He now has a suppressor on the way.

Today at the range, another gun guru mentioned that he was in the hunt for a Sig 225 and that he had looked everywhere. I told him that I had two and that I could be persuaded to part with one if the trade was right.

Knowing that I was wanting some sort of 30-06 for a project gun, in which to put a bull barrel on and turn into a target rifle, he offered up a Remington 700, complete with scope and mounts. I must have acted a bit hesitant or something because he walked back to the truck and got me 7 boxes of Remington Core Lokt Ammo. That right there was worth at least 150 bucks. Not to mention that it had a sling on it, and it came a plastic hard-case. As I was about to give him the OK, he throws in a Colt Frontier,22 that looked to be in good shape. He told me that it was just taking up space in his safe, that he never shot it anymore and that he'd "throw it in".

So here I ended up with an '06 worth at least 400 bucks in its present configuration,at least a 150 bucks worth of ammo, along with a Colt Frontier .22 made in 1959, for a Sig that I had about 100 bucks in. All in all, it wasn't a bad day out.

I know that some of us have got some killer deals in on guns in the past, so lets hear about the ones that were almost too good to believe. Come on, don't be shy. It's part of the wheelin and dealin that makes things so interesting.

Post em up.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

So are YOU now in the market for a suppressor? Cause I want a 225.

Please understand that I mean this with respect and envy when I say, you suck.

Interesting. I've got an Arisaka with aircraft sights; however, the mum is ground off. I didn't know that there was much interest in them, but I realize the missing mum affects value pretty hard, no?

As far as a killer deal, I've got a Remmington Nylon 66 that I paid $99 (I'm pretty sure that was it) for it new. I was shocked to see what they go for now. Without a doubt, it's the best all around 22 I have ever had.

Senior Moderator
    As far as a killer deal, I've got a Remmington Nylon 66 that I paid $99 (I'm pretty sure that was it) for it new. I was shocked to see what they go for now. Without a doubt, it's the best all around 22 I have ever had.
    I had one, same deal, 99 bucks. I shot the heck out of it and let some engineer talk me out of it so that he could give it to his kid.

I wish I still had it...but then, I wish I still had a lot of guns that I either sold or traded off.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Moderator
    So are YOU now in the market for a suppressor? Cause I want a 225.
    Not really, I have about 4 dozen of them sitting in my safe. I love the 225.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    no, all my deals have been in the zone of comfortable having and giving whats fair to both parties.

though if im ever lucky (?) enough to have people throw money & stuff at me...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    About 4 years ago I picked up a Detective Special for $189 because it had a very ugly set of Mother of Pimp grips on it. Replaced the grips with a set of Pachmyar grips and still have it. Another time picked up a Smith Model 41 for $700, had to be 1970s vintage since the instruction was only two pages.
    claude clay likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Wow great deal!

I feel a wee bit 'green' right now.
    Of course here in Jersey, trading any sort of firearm is strictly verboten...unless you obtain a pistol purchase permit (only 1 per month), and use an FFL to legalize the transfer.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

$331.00. Included in price was the shipping and FFL transfer fee. S&W m10 2inch tube
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    $331.00. Included in price was the shipping and FFL transfer fee. S&W m10 2inch tube
    That's a beauty.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OD*
    So, Hot Guns, being an LEO, can you arrest yourself for theft?

Congrats, those were some terrific deals.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Senior Moderator
    So, Hot Guns, being an LEO, can you arrest yourself for theft
    ?

Nope ...I'd get fired and it would mess up my retirerment.

Glockman10mm...you got a deal on that M10. Was it because the owner didnt like the tail attached to it?

Of course here in Jersey, trading any sort of firearm is strictly verboten...unless you obtain a pistol purchase permit (only 1 per month), and use an FFL to legalize the transfer.
    WOW. You have GOT to be kidding. Is it really that hosed up in Jersey? You do realize that the rest of the country isnt that bad, right? Sorry about that.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

The best deal ive got recently was on a German K98 rifle that I found at a gun show a little over a week ago. The guy selling it wanted $300. dollars for it, and the rifle was easily worth $500. dollars. I couldn`t get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

It wasn't a Trade, but it was still a great deal! A distant family member went through a divorce, her husband was not a nice man, and ended up with a criminal convection with domestic violence. Even though he was a gun guy, he scared me with his attitude toward them. He thought the guns made him "tough". He had JUST purchased an AR15 (Bushmaster Varminter) and had NEVER shot it. His gun collection went to her, and she isn't a gun person. So for a couple hundred bucks (plus shipping and FFL to FFL transfer) I got a brand new Bushmaster Varminter, with a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 Mildot scope. Grand total was just around $500.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links