Dad Arrested, Strip-Searched After Daughter Draws Picture Of Gun In School

This is a discussion on Dad Arrested, Strip-Searched After Daughter Draws Picture Of Gun In School within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this going to far? A Canadian father was arrested and strip-searched recently after his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in her ...

Thread: Dad Arrested, Strip-Searched After Daughter Draws Picture Of Gun In School

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

Is this going to far?

A Canadian father was arrested and strip-searched recently after his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in her kindergarten class, two Canadian newspapers have reported. Ontario dad Jesse Sansone told the Toronto Sun his little girl’s drawing was supposed to be him, getting monsters and bad guys. Her teacher apparently thought differently, and the school contacted child protective services. When Sansone arrived to pick his daughter up, three police officers were waiting to take him into custody.
    “I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” he told the Waterloo Region Record. “I was in shock.”
    Police questioned Sansone’s daughter and his other children, who gave a “detailed description” of a firearm supposedly located in the house and easily accessible to them, Inspector Kevin Thaler of the Waterloo Regional Police said, according to the Calgary Herald.
    The “gun” his children told police about? A toy pistol that shoots foam darts, which police discovered during a search of his house

“The child had every belief it was real,” Thaler said. “The indication from the kids was that it was dad’s [gun].”
    Sansone was finally released after four hours. He said he’s furious and that his name has been slandered.
    “So many people dealt with this situation in the wrong way,” he told the Sun. “I know the principal really well, how could he judge my character in this way? I drop off and pick the kids up every day, I always say hello, I sign every report card, I go to every parent teacher meeting, I am an active parent at that school.”

But the school, police and child welfare officials all stand by their actions, according to the Record.
    “From a public safety point of view, any child drawing a picture of guns and saying there’s guns in a home would warrant some further conversation with the parents and child,” said Alison Scott, executive director of Family and Children’s Services

The Sansone family is looking for a new school for their children to attend.
    “The first thing my daughter said when I saw her was, ‘Daddy are you mad at me?’” Sansone said. “That sums it up to me.”

Source: Gunauction.com and the blaze

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    This one ran a few weeks ago.

4 year old + Drawing of gun = Dad Arrested!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    This one ran a few weeks ago.

4 year old + Drawing of gun = Dad Arrested!!
    Thought it sounded familiar.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Thanks and sorry please delete

Silly Canucks..............
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sponsored Links