Springfield XD .45 Magazines and Tula Ammo

This is a discussion on Springfield XD .45 Magazines and Tula Ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just purchased last week a Springfield XD compact .45. Ran 100 rounds of PMC in it to start with no problems. Went to the local ...

Thread: Springfield XD .45 Magazines and Tula Ammo

Just purchased last week a Springfield XD compact .45. Ran 100 rounds of PMC in it to start with no problems. Went to the local dealer and he had some of the Tula .45s at a very good price. Had never shot the Tula brand before. Have shot allot of Wolf steel case in center fire rifle with very few problems so I picked up several boxes. First Mag ran fine but after that rounds started to jam in the mags. Any more than 6 shells in a Mag and they will lock up in the bottom of Mag. Just wondering if any others have had problems with this Ammo brand?

I put 50 rounds of Tula .45 through my RIA 1911 on Sunday with out any issue, it has a 7 round mag. I also got it because it was at a good price, planned to go back and get more this weekend.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    One of the LGS ranges will not allow this stuff in their shop. Tried some .40 ONCE in my M&P. Will never do that again even if they give it away.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Picked up some Blazer .45 to test and it ran fine. Guess the XD mags just don't like the Tula. I can see where a single stack mag might not have any issues with it. Hate to think that I'll have to pay an extra $3 bucks a box just to practice. Thanks for the input. :)

Tula Ammo you just never know what you are going to get when you buy a box. One may work fine in any weapon the next has issues.
    Common in cheap ammo.

VIP Member
    I've used the Tula ammo in 9mm, .40 and .45. Have only had any trouble with it out of 1 gun, in .45. My Kahr CW45 will not function with it. My DW CBOB eats it like a kid with Halloween candy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    After 1500 rounds of that stuff in 3 guns over a course of 2 weeks. I had fail to fire with about 10 of those rounds.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I have put around 1500 rounds of Herters (Cabela's renamed Tula) through my Ruger P90 and had one squib. No other problems. I have put at least 2000 rounds of Herters through my various 9mm's and never had a problem.

Luckily I caught that squib before firing another round and destroying my gun. The bullet was knocked out of the barrel and the gun has been fine since.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Links