any other oshkosh WI people on here?

This is a discussion on any other oshkosh WI people on here? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; where do you shoot? i just moved back up here from port washington and need to find a range. van dyne sportsmens club is the ...

Thread: any other oshkosh WI people on here?

any other oshkosh WI people on here?

where do you shoot? i just moved back up here from port washington and need to find a range. van dyne sportsmens club is the closest but i can never get them to answer their phone.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

Not from Oshkosh. But Oshkosh makes some kick butt trucks and kids clothes.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Nicolet Rifle Club Green Bay (Suamico) has heated shooting booths and you can fire handguns or long guns as far as 50 yards.

Not from Oshkosh. But Oshkosh makes some kick butt trucks and kids clothes.
    oshkosh b'gosh closed their only u.s. factory here in the 90's. i am pretty sure it's all made in china now. sad actually. i took a tour of that place when i was a little kid.

oshkosh truck is possibly gonna be laying off, unless iran escalates. i guess a lot of the defense budget this year went to naval ship yards so trucks orders are down. but they have always had this ebb and flow in their production facility. they'll probably be hiring again in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Nicolet Rifle Club Green Bay (Suamico) has heated shooting booths and you can fire handguns or long guns as far as 50 yards.
    well, looking for somethiong closer to home. i go to midwestern shooters right now, since they are always open and have an indoor range.

I hear ya! your pretty limited up there. You can try Twin City Rod & Gun Club but not sure what they allow you to shoot.
    There is another place wisconsin tactical training in Appleton but not sure is its a members only club?

yea probably. van dyne is probably where i want to be. i was hoping someone on here is a member so i can get my application turned in.

useful tool by the way:

Find Shooting Ranges in U.S. and Canada | Where To Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    yea probably. van dyne is probably where i want to be. i was hoping someone on here is a member so i can get my application turned in.

useful tool by the way:

Find Shooting Ranges in U.S. and Canada | Where To Shoot
    I have spoke with others from your area, so they may just chime in and give you more insite then I can.
    You might get more luck finding someone with land and a home range?

BTY thanks for the hookup on the link.

VIP Member
    Shiocton, WI has an outdoor range (Shiocton Lake Park) 500 yards and a pistol range. Open days. It should be a little bit closer than the Shooters shop in Lomira. But daytime only since it is outdoors. Shiocton Lake Park, drive into the park and make you way all the way to the south east part of the park to get to the range. Take Hwy 54 to Park Ave to the park. You are on your honor to put range fee (donation) in the can. Bring your own target stands. I do not know if you can shoot metal targers or not. We always shoot paper.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    It's bothering me now, I have shot at a range close to Oshkosh YEARS ago, but can't for the life of me remember where it is or what it's called haha. Let me know if you find anything close.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Hi Fausty! I'm in Oshkosh too. Actually, I live pretty close to Van Dyne Sportsman's Club. I used to be a member, but was so busy with work at the time that I never got a chance to shoot there. The few times I stopped in I felt like a total outsider. Nobody seemed very friendly, but I never really hung around long enough to give it a chance. Maybe I should try it again.

I have been looking really closely at the Ripon Rifle & Pistol Club, as they have IDPA and USPSA matches regularly, which is the kind of shooting I'm most interested in. I plan to go over there and watch a match one of these Saturdays and see if I can meet some of the folks over there. I might just join them and get the good old 1911 out and try my hand at it again. Been years since I shot with the WPPL in Mt. Horeb.

Anyway, keep me in the loop if you find something that works out good for you. I'll do the same.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joepilot View Post
    Hi Fausty! I'm in Oshkosh too. Actually, I live pretty close to Van Dyne Sportsman's Club. I used to be a member, but was so busy with work at the time that I never got a chance to shoot there. The few times I stopped in I felt like a total outsider. Nobody seemed very friendly, but I never really hung around long enough to give it a chance. Maybe I should try it again.

I have been looking really closely at the Ripon Rifle & Pistol Club, as they have IDPA and USPSA matches regularly, which is the kind of shooting I'm most interested in. I plan to go over there and watch a match one of these Saturdays and see if I can meet some of the folks over there. I might just join them and get the good old 1911 out and try my hand at it again.
    Been years since I shot with the WPPL in Mt. Horeb.

Anyway, keep me in the loop if you find something that works out good for you. I'll do the same.
    Do so, they're a good bunch of people up there. I try to stop in and shoot when we're home visiting the in-laws and shot the WI State IDPA match last year.

Quote Originally Posted by joepilot View Post

yea i'll let you know if van dyne works out for me. still trying to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    It's bothering me now, I have shot at a range close to Oshkosh YEARS ago, but can't for the life of me remember where it is or what it's called haha. Let me know if you find anything close.
    twin city rod and gun is probably what you are thinking of burns, which is the next closest. it's in greenville.

Last one I was at is the rec center by downtown. 22 lr shooting with the cops
    Do not know of any others but what is already listed.
    Keep us informed if you find something.
    Would this be the bear man by chance?

Links