Mosin-Nagant

This is a discussion on Mosin-Nagant within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd do it. I have two M91/30s and love them. Can't beat the price on those things for what is basically a Russian .30-06 in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mosin-Nagant

I'd do it. I have two M91/30s and love them. Can't beat the price on those things for what is basically a Russian .30-06 in most respects except price.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I got one just because they were so cheap ($100 on sale at Cabelas) and wanted an old style gun for the collection. So I did the complete breakdown and took it to the range not really expecting much. After I got done with a mere 20 rounds I was in love. That thing was just fun to shoot. Not sure what it was. It was heavy as hell but pretty accurate at 15 yards
    15 Yards? What did you do. Throw the bolt at the target?

I got mine last year in September just before my 9-11 birthday. It is an 1942 Izhevsk arsenal 91/30 and I scored it for about $120 with no ammo. They were also made at the Tula armory and are basically identical in nature.

Your deal sounds great.

WARNING : Once you have been infected with Mosin-Nagant fever, it just never goes away. I want another one, like an M44 or even another 91/30 just because.

Buy it. Shoot it. Enjoy it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Hello,

Properly set up, these are good for 2.5MOA or better if you can hold that at 100 yards.

If you do not want the deal, direct me to the gent and I might just take it!

However, I can guarantee you'll like it. Those 500 rounds won't last long!

Regards,

Josh

VIP Member
    I think the price is fair and if it helps him out great. ( no tax no shipping) They cost about 85 bucks plus the background check/ffl fees (if they apply) The ammo is 90 bucks for 440 rounds. So you are getting 500 rounds and a chance to look over the rifle. Some of the mail order rifles are not "selected" so you don't get to see it until after you purchase it and it arrives at your ffl (who may charge you a fee). The rifles shoot very well and can shoot about 1 moa+/- if you know what you are doing. The ammo is corrosive and you will need to look into your cleaning plan for it. Some guys like Windex others soap and water. The soldiers in WWII used to urinate on them or down the barrel, I would not suggest that a public range.

Well I am headed to check out the rifle in a little bit, I will let you all know how it went

SpencerB, you can also put a new skin on it, check these out. Scroll down.

Products

I got a 91/30 from a shop in PA from 1938. My Great Grandpa carried one in the Balkin War when he was a soldier for the Ottoman Empire. I Love it, love it. Now I'm going to get the carbine.

Go for it bro. I got one from buds for $112 to my door! But the ammo including tax is $90 so ur getting a decent deal!!!!!!

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

My LGS has the 91/30 with the PU scope and turned down bolt handle. All the talk in this thread has made me consider getting my current 91/30 a brother.

So i bought the 91/30 and 500 rounds of ammo and he threw in a Simmons 4x32 scope as well. Anyone have any experience with these scopes? I found a mount kit on cheaperthandirt.com for like $40 so I will be purchasing that soon as well.

I know this will probably garner some criticism but if you must put a scope on this thing and you really want a trouble free set up I would drill and tap the thing and put a proper mount on it.

Quote Originally Posted by woody5484 View Post
    I know this will probably garner some criticism but if you must put a scope on this thing and you really want a trouble free set up I would drill and tap the thing and put a proper mount on it.
    I'm open to options on the mount if you have any

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    I love mine...have a 91/30 from Tula in '43 and it's great. I think he is basically giving you the full retail on the gun, though. So you might want to wheel and deal a bit. But if he's a friend maybe not, and it's not a terrible deal and no 4473 to fill out.
    I don't think thats a bad deal. I've been checking on ammo lately and 500 rounds is worth nearly $100 (esp if you have to pay the hazmat fee, and some of the shipping charges are a little high) Even if the ammo is worth less, the rifle is going to be somewhere between $80 and $100. Thats tax free, with no shipping or FFL fee. Sometimes people talk about $80 Mosins, but by the time you pay those extra charges that I just mentioned, the price goes above $100 quick. I actually got a Mosin 91/30 from a private owner for $80 (total) and he threw in some ammo, but I considered that one a good deal.

I love my Mosin Nagant's!!! I have 2 of them so far....paid less than $100 for each.
    I really enjoy shooting them, and when I do, some of my neighbors come out to see
    what I am shooting that makes such a big boom!!! BTW there are some great YouTube
    videos on how to clean them and strip them completely down....the best are by Iraqvet888.
    USN (RET)
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links