recommendations for a 9mm rifle.

This is a discussion on recommendations for a 9mm rifle. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really want to get a 9mm rifle. I dont want a ar type. I like the storm from ruger. I heard that they stopped ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: recommendations for a 9mm rifle.

recommendations for a 9mm rifle.

I really want to get a 9mm rifle. I dont want a ar type. I like the storm from ruger. I heard that they stopped making it. Any other suggestions.....
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

I like my Keltec Sub 2000. Lightweight, can use Glock magazines including the 30-something rounders, and there's plenty of mods on the internet you can check into.

Kel Tec
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Our Kel Tec Sub 2000 has been great fun. No issues with the gun, it does what I expected based on the platform and price.

Good luck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Let me be the first to suggest a Hi Point. If its just for fun go for it. If you're looking for something for defense it could work but there are better options. Search the forum and you'll find some good threads on the Hi Point carbines.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    I suppose this is one thread where I won't bash Hi-Point. I've also heard good about their carbines.

I'm another SUB 2000 owner. It's no battle rifle, but I have no complaints. It's a handy little carbine.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I have a Beretta CX4 Storm carbine set up for the Beretta 92 series magazines. It is a great support carbine for my 92 pistol. I understand that several police departments allow officers to carry it in their patrol cars instead of the AR-15 (M-4) style rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Let me be the first to suggest a Hi Point. If its just for fun go for it. If you're looking for something for defense it could work but there are better options. Search the forum and you'll find some good threads on the Hi Point carbines.
    The above listed HI point is a good option.
    Also you can still fined the Rugers on the used market they are a great one if you really want a 9mm rifle.

I have shot on 3 gun squads with some of the guys that work at Kel Tec and they use the Sub 2000 and I have never seen any of them have any troubles with them.

this is just for fun, plus I have alot of 9mm so would be nice to have a rifle just in case. I meant to type the Beretta Storm instead of the Ruger storm. I will check out the Keltec. I just want something I can slap a red dot on and have fun with. Is the cx storm out of production?
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

VIP Member
    I'm getting a Suomi from the mfgr in for a student. We'll have to do a range report.

Since I live up in Finnlander country, the nostalgia value outweighs the Kel-Tec.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I'm hoping for a Marlin Camp 9 someday, out of production and not cheap, use S&W magazines. I'd take a Ruger PC9 if I came across one. A friend has a Hipoint, a lot of fun but not winning a beauty prizes. I may go the KelTec route myself.

I dig my KT Sub2000 9mm. I just got beat the crap out of it two weekends ago at the range (multiple 33 round dumps), and it's a star. If you own any KT stuff, you'll understand the level of fit and finish, but the thing does pretty well. The plastic blade sight is somewhat cheesy, but if you learn to cover the target with the blade, accuracy improves. I was popping the 4" gong at 100 yards. The whole thing folds down into a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory1022 View Post
    I'm hoping for a Marlin Camp 9 someday, out of production and not cheap, use S&W magazines. I'd take a Ruger PC9 if I came across one. A friend has a Hipoint, a lot of fun but not winning a beauty prizes. I may go the KelTec route myself.
    We just got in a bunch of Police trade-in Marlin 9mm Camp Carbines at Clyde Armory in Athens, Georgia. I don't think they're up on the website yet.
    If you want a cool SHTF kit, We also have some trade-in 3rd gen S&W 6906TSW's, and lots of extra mags, which ALSO fit in the Camp 9. :)
    Cory1022 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links