The absolute quietest rifle..VIDEO added

This is a discussion on The absolute quietest rifle..VIDEO added within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's here. After a two month wait due to the ATF examiners numbering only 7 when in fact they are supposed to be 10, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The absolute quietest rifle..VIDEO added

Senior Moderator

The absolute quietest rifle..VIDEO added

It's here. After a two month wait due to the ATF examiners numbering only 7 when in fact they are supposed to be 10, and the fact that suppressor ownership is at an all time high...I finally got the one I've been waiting for.

I just got it on Wednesday and already have 3 more on the way. It must be heard to be believed. It sounds just like a firing pin popping a primer,because that's about all that you hear.

These things literally sell themselves.

I put a Nikon Pro-Staff scope on it. I don't believe in going cheap on scopes that are intended to be used for squirrel hunting, because its there that you need all the light gathering ability that you can get. Even on a bright sunny day in the deep timber it can still be dark because of the leaves stopping all the sunlight from getting through the canopy.

I was pleasantly surprised at the first firing. One shot at 6:00 dead center, shot number 2 at the bottom of the X ring, 3,4, and 5 shooting the center out of the X. Once the scope was dialed in at 25, I moved to 50 where it was zeroed. 10 shots in the same hole,3 clicks up made the X ring disappear.

Suppressed Svage MK2.JPG

It doesn't look like anything special really, just a bull barreled Savage Mk II. The barrel is ported to allow the use of any .22 ammo. I used CCI Subsonic because that it what I use for all of my other suppressed stuff and I had a case of it. Its consistent and above all, I've never had a gun that it wasn't accurate in.

This thing is what you would call "stupid quiet". Its fun to shoot, accurate and very,very quiet. It doesn't get any better than that.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I wish you wouldn't post this stuff, now I'm seeing yet ANOTHER gun I need. There's apparently no end.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    At some point in time, I'll post a video of it being fired.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    You are really going to confuse those squirrels when they try to figure out why their buddies are just falling of the branches.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Very cool. I have a normal Mark II Savage and I love it, but yours has got me a little envious.

VIP Member
    Is this a standard off-the-shelf model produced by savage, or did someone modify it before you got it. It looks like it has a thread protector on the end of the bbl? I can't tell enough by the picture.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Very nice, I've been wanting to setup my 10/22 this way.

I just can't bring myself to spend the money on a suppressor though, but I suppose everyone said that in the early 80's about SMG's.

sgb
    Very nice!!!
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    I wish MN would allow them. Nice way to pay your taxes.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Moderator
    Is this a standard off-the-shelf model produced by savage, or did someone modify it before you got it. It looks like it has a thread protector on the end of the bbl? I can't tell enough by the picture.
    Its a Savage that was modified by Thompson Machine. The suppressor core and tube are fully removable for cleaning, and the barrel is conservatively ported to keep inexpensive bulk pack high-velocity ammunition subsonic. (~1030fps with CCI Minimag) The barrel inside the suppressor tube is a full 16.5 and the overall length of the gun is identical to a factory MkII.

The monocore looks like this...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Thanks for the follow-up

sweet......I NEED one now..... at least that's what SWMBO'd is gonna hear.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Here is a video of it being shot today. It was pretty windy, you can hear that too. Turn up the speakers and notice that the gong being slapped at 100 yards and the action being cycled is actually louder than the shot itself.

Bark'n likes this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I like it! Sweeeeeet!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

OK, I give up....WHERE is the video????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links