Difference between a "starter" ar15 and any other.

This is a discussion on Difference between a "starter" ar15 and any other. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like the KISS principle when it comes to AR's. Ive had the tricked out AR's and have sold off the accessories once I realized ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Difference between a "starter" ar15 and any other.

I like the KISS principle when it comes to AR's. Ive had the tricked out AR's and have sold off the accessories once I realized I wasnt in the military and the apocalypse wasn't happening anytime soon. In all honesty if you can afford it, trick it out, you'll get stares at the range with it but as far as function IMO it wont help any and it might just make it heavier.

My Latest AR I paid 560.00 for. I bought a complete lower and a complete upper separate from each other and slapped them together. This was from a gun show. It shoots as good as the tricked out Stag and DPMS I had.

2. Remove Ads

A little light research will show "starter vs. quality" rifles. I'd recommend buying the best quality rifle for your money.

The fundamentals you'll learn on a starter AR, are the same ones you'll use on a quality one. No sense in buying the same rifle twice.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

with colts and bravo company mids going for 1K, there is no reason to not buy one
    zacii likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links