G36 vs Springfield Xds

This is a discussion on G36 vs Springfield Xds within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Springfield is late to the party as usual...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: G36 vs Springfield Xds

Springfield is late to the party as usual........
    ccman likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

I use to own a 36. It was an alright gun. It jammed more than any other glock I've owned. I have owned several sub/compact handguns in .45ACP. Got bored with the 36 and traded it in for a 26gen 4. You can't really compare this with a 36 dealing with capacity. Xds is Slimmer than a 36 and smaller, so it's not odd for having 1 less round. My advice is to just compare the two at a shop. Xds is smaller period, and thats what the gun was designed for, not high capacity. You can't have a lot of rounds in a subcompact 45; it's just not going to happen! the 30 is a sweet shooting pistol, but its the biggest brick out of all the Glocks, not something I would enjoy to carry everyday(not even the 30sf!) Xds is a sexy fine little gun though! Check it out in person. It will prob be my next gun purchase. I own several different brand manufactures of handguns, so my answer to your question isn't me being a fanboy for springfield. Own several lol.

My best way to explain the size is that the 36 is the size of a glock 19, and the Xds is the size as a Glock 26/27 while being thinner. For that one round difference, you're talking about a compact vs subcompact almost. There is a huge difference carrying the Xds IWB! Much more comfy. 5+1 rounds is still decent for a gun this size. If you can't solve a situation with 5+1 rounds of 45acp, you need to go to the range either ways!
    sid1 and nsimps69 like this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    No question about it Springfield Xds in a heart beat.
    Ditto

Bottom line, both are excellent firearms built on solid platforms by reputable companies. I would go XDs because I don't like Glocks as much as the XD line. I own a XD 9mm servie model and shot the compact and sub compacts XDs in various calibers. I have limited experience with the Glock 17. I have not shot the XDs, but based on the XDs. I cannot see the XDs being a poorly built firearm. The grip angle on the XD line works best for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

g36 or xds

Been carrying a pf 9 for about a year and really like it but i want to step it up a notch. Really looking at the g36 and the xds. I think i wont the glock because well it is a glock. But the xds is closer to the size of the pf 9 but it is a new gun. The g36 is proven. Need help. Anynody have any suggestions? Thanks.

XDS

I carry the XDS had glocks and sold them all like they say you either love a glock or hate it. Well you now no what I did.
    Any way I have to carry a glock on the job but when I'm off it is a XDS I own 4 from the xd line. But glocks are a great gun.
    Troy

xds

Thanks for the reply. Ended up going with the xds. It was closer to the size of the pf 9. Glad i did. Love it so far. Shoots great and carrys great. Still want to try a glock so prob the next addition will be the glock 30 instead of the 36.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    As for the XDS, I'm not a huge fan of external safeties on a defensive gun and the grip safety is one extra thing that can malfunction.
    Sure its one extra thing that can malfunction, but as long as you're not holding your gun like an idiot, it shouldn't be a problem.

I have shot both. XD-S hands down. Smaller just as good trigger. very nice reset like a glock. Way more manageable than the Glock.

More accurate than the Glock 36. Better sights on the XD-S.

By far the most accurate and mild recoil of any small 45. XD-S is a winner in all categories.

Steve
    s

Another for XDS

Recently picked up an XDs in 45 and I gotta say, this gun is sweet. No recoil and easily hidden. In my position as a civilian, if I need more than 6 rounds, I carry an extra mag. Few shoot outs last longer than a magfull of Golden Sabre. I have owned and trained on Glocks and own several weapons, but this XDs is now my EDC after 400 flawless, accurate, and very manageable rounds.

I carry a Taurus pt145 .45 and i know lots of people have nothing good to say about this gun but never had any issues at all flawless i may add... However will be upgading to an XDS .45 very soon as i really like this gun. Thought about the g36, not a bad gun just not made for the lefty's out there....

G 36 all the way man.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I have a XDS and had a 36. I didn't like the 36 at all, the mag wasn't flush and well it wasn't what my 26 is.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    owning both a glock and and XD, I would trust both, but would lean towards Glock.
    I've been happy with my Xds but I also really want to get the Glock G36 after shooting it at the range recently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links