Those stick figure families on the backs of SUVs? Oh yeah, gun related...

This is a discussion on Those stick figure families on the backs of SUVs? Oh yeah, gun related... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by acepilot Attachment 57963 That's a Virginia tag, same red jeep. That picture was taken at the Wal Mart in Dublin, VA....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Those stick figure families on the backs of SUVs? Oh yeah, gun related...

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,315
    Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    That's a Virginia tag, same red jeep. That picture was taken at the Wal Mart in Dublin, VA.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    As a paint/body man, I sometimes have to chuckle to myself seeing a nice vehicle with stickers on the finish. You can see where they tried to remove the stickers leaving the ugly glue and parts remaining. Sometimes you'll see gouges in the paint where someone used a razor blade trying to remove the stubborn little buggers. For a $2 sticker... I now have to: remove residue with prep sol, feather edge the gouges with #80 grit, scuff the outer area with #320, prime, block, re-prime, re-scuff, refinish $$$
    How do you remove them correctly without damaging your vehicle?
    We just bought a MV that has a PBS sticker on it and I want to remove it. (I don't want anyone thinking I'm some libtard supporter of some socialist broadcasting company.)

    -

  4. #33
    Member Array NCMedic8617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    126
    Dig the gun family stickers... Wouldn't put them on my vehicle though....
    Those stick family's anoy the crap out of me..... I have to wonder what happens when they get divorced.. Just put "every other weekend" above the kids?? Or when little Timmy meets a untimely death.... I picture the family huddled around the 'old soccer mom express with a razor blade, everyone is crying.... Dad is scraping Timmy off the glass.....

  5. #34
    Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,330
    I saw the sweetest bumper sticker a few months ago it said "my other ride is your mom" l0l
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

  6. #35
    Senior Member Array kb2wji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,070
    A heat gun (or good hair dryer) works really well. Heat the sticker up so the glue gets tacky. If its a raised decal, use dental floss to "cut" the glue. For the residue you can either mix some paint thinner with water (start with 80/20 paint thinner / water and see how it works). Sometimes if the glue gets warm enough it'll just come off with a regular paint cleaner (auto parts store, wal mart etc...) A fingernail works well for picking glue, as does a credit card. Be gentle though. If the sticker was on there for a while, the paint may be less faded in that area, leaving a "halo" effect. A little polish usually helps blend it a little. Either way, clean it and wax it when your done, since chemicals are rough on a painted finish. It strips all the wax and leaves it vulnerable.

    If that doesnt work, draw a red circle around the "PBS", then draw a line through it.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

  7. #36
    Member
    Array armado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    432
    I think that it's a bad idea to let anyone know too much about you, your family, sports, gun preferences or what ever. The less attention that you draw to yourself the better.

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    A heat gun (or good hair dryer) works really well. Heat the sticker up so the glue gets tacky. If its a raised decal, use dental floss to "cut" the glue. For the residue you can either mix some paint thinner with water (start with 80/20 paint thinner / water and see how it works). Sometimes if the glue gets warm enough it'll just come off with a regular paint cleaner (auto parts store, wal mart etc...) A fingernail works well for picking glue, as does a credit card. Be gentle though. If the sticker was on there for a while, the paint may be less faded in that area, leaving a "halo" effect. A little polish usually helps blend it a little. Either way, clean it and wax it when your done, since chemicals are rough on a painted finish. It strips all the wax and leaves it vulnerable.

    If that doesnt work, draw a red circle around the "PBS", then draw a line through it.
    Good Idea!
    Thanks for the tips.

  9. #38
    Senior Member Array TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stuck In The 1970's
    Posts
    915
    kb2wji has got ya covered

    Some WD-40 sprayed on a rag wrapped around a finger will also remove the residue.
    I use Prep-Sol and If it's being stubborn a little enamel reducer will remove it.
    I have these chemicals already on my paint shelf.

    ETA: 3M makes a adhesive removing wheel for large jobs like removing body side moldings glue residue and de-badging.
    I used my thumbs and enamel reducer to remove the adhesive from my trucks body side moldings,
    needless to say my thumbs were quite red and sore.

    3M-03612-Adhesive-Eraser-Wheel
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

  10. #39
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    kb2wji has got ya covered

    Some WD-40 sprayed on a rag wrapped around a finger will also remove the residue.
    I use Prep-Sol and If it's being stubborn a little enamel reducer will remove it.
    I have these chemicals already on my paint shelf.

    ETA: 3M makes a adhesive removing wheel for large jobs like removing body side moldings glue residue and de-badging.
    I used my thumbs and enamel reducer to remove the adhesive from my trucks body side moldings,
    needless to say my thumbs were quite red and sore.

    3M-03612-Adhesive-Eraser-Wheel

    HEY...HEY...HEY...I've never been removed by enamel reducer.

    Say it ain't so.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  11. #40
    Senior Member Array TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stuck In The 1970's
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    HEY...HEY...HEY...I've never been removed by enamel reducer.
    Stubborn likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

family car stickers guns
,
family with guns sticker
,
gun family car decals
,

gun family car stickers

,

gun family stickers

,

gun stick figure family

,
gun stick figure stickers
,
my gun family stickers
,
stick family with guns
,
stick figure family guns
,

stick figure family with guns

,
stick figure gun family
Click on a term to search for related topics.