KEL TEC PF-9 question

This is a discussion on KEL TEC PF-9 question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone had to return a firearm to kelt-tec? Do they do refunds or am I basically screwed? I bought a PF-9 had ejection issues ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: KEL TEC PF-9 question

KEL TEC PF-9 question

Has anyone had to return a firearm to kelt-tec? Do they do refunds or am I basically screwed? I bought a PF-9 had ejection issues sent it back. Replaced the slide and barrel and for some reason polished the feed ramp. Got the pistol back and fired it today to find out its still having the same problem. I know theres been a ton of people that have had great luck with kel-tec and even more specifically PF-9, I envy you people. Please let me know if anyone has had to return a firearm and let me know what happened.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

2. Remove Ads

Mine was the biggest POS ever. Never attempted to return it because I knew I would never trust the piece of junk.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

They normally do very good work with repairs and warranty work, on the few occasions I've needed to send guns there for customers. They can also make you a new receiver, with your original serial # as a replacement. If you bug CS, you might get them to give you an all new gun.
    oneshot likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

limp wristing will cause a problem...try a stronger grip

Ask for a new one just might get it I had very good experience with them.
    sid1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    limp wristing will cause a problem...try a stronger grip

Not limp wristing it. Ive shot plenty of guns and have never had a limp wristing problem. Plus I had 2 other people fire this weapon as well today, all with the same problems.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

I have one that had ejection issues up the you know what. Sent back just the barrel and slide, they sent me a new barrel and slide and haven't had 1 issue with it after about 200+ rounds.

Mine went back due to the mag release, (which they had a recall) , and they never said what they found or why they did what they did..... but they stuck the same barrel in a new gun, and put the old serial number on it.... and it's been fine since then.

I'ld give them another shot at it. My only complaint would be how long they had it.

Don't limp wrist it, get ahold of it like you mean it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Go the KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group and to the PF9 forum. Do a search for the double extractor mod that many people have said resolves their FTE problems. Call Keltec CS and tell them you are having problems, they send you a new extractor and screw. Double up on the extractor and you may or may not be able to use the same screw. If not you can go to a hardware store and buy a slightly longer one and trim it down to fit and work. Again like I said many people that have had extraction or ejection issues have performed this simple and inexpensive mod and it has resolved their problem. I hope this helps. God Bless

Here is the link to save you some time:
    False hope or a real fix? - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum

I had to return my PF9 to Kel-Tec once for failure to eject issues. When I got it back it worked better but still not good enough for me to trust it for EDC. To my knowledge, Kel-Tec does not do refunds but they will keep trying to make you happy up to replacing your firearm from what I hear. Truth is I got tired of buying ammo to test the thing. And I didn't like shooting it anyway. It now has a semi-permanent place in a gun lock box in my car as a bug-out gun. Life is too short to waste it trying to make something work that just doesn't want to.

Apparently once its returned 3 times for the same issue they will refund the value or the firearm so they have 2 more chances to get it right.
    squid86 likes this.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

I sold mine on with a disclaimer to the buyer and took a $100 loss. Range time, ammo time and down time shipping to/from meant something to me. I'm forever done with the brand. Truth be told, I bought it used from a seller who never disclaimed it was a jam o matic. So another negative, I no longer trust people. Seller even claimed he never had an issue with it (lie). Good luck to you sir.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    sold my PF9 2 weeks ago,never looking back...its quality is sub par and my life is worth more

go over to ktog to read the problems and how to fix this problem. last summer i picked up a two owner problem child pf9 from mousegunner. the gun had many problem and i need something (summer gun project) to play around with. this week i have just gotten the gun running 100%. i have replaced every part on the gun with parts from kel tec. send the slide and barrel in for replacement. new grip, new springs, the list goes on. the only part that was not replaced was the frame. i did the f&b on the gun twice. i dropped in the new "pops" trigger, one of the best thing i have seen for a pf9. but, this week i took the gun out and 200 rounds later,,, no problems (over 1,800 rounds in the gun). that was with four different brands and types of ammo. first i would try some of the fixs that the ktog shows, if that does not work send her back. kel tec will make it right, free as long as you have your receipt for the gun. at one time they did not care if you got the gun used,, but now they do. but they will still mail out free part to any body. but i can not see them doing this much longer. it seem that they are ahving a run of problems with their pistols. sometimes low price guns have low price parts,, and low price parts will break. all in all the price of a pf9 makes it one of the best deal going in a small 9mm.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I bought a new one last week and took it to the range, The trigger pull on it was pretty odd, I didnt even want to give it a chance. Didnt like it and sold it last earlier this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links