Mexico's one and only gun store

This is a discussion on Mexico's one and only gun store within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ran across this article regarding Mexico's one and only gun store. I've known that all civilians are restricted to non military calibers, .38 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mexico's one and only gun store

Mexico's one and only gun store

I ran across this article regarding Mexico's one and only gun store. I've known that all civilians are restricted to non military calibers, .38 and .380 on down. I didn't know that they had only one store in Mexico city to serve the entire populace. It made me think how our own current administration would begin the restriction, before a total confiscation could happen.

http://www.stripes.com/news/americas...-base-1.172546
    Last edited by armado; April 2nd, 2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: no link

2. Remove Ads

Shhhhh, dont give you-know-who any moire ideas. I am already sweating bullets on his next years and all the shenanigans he is gonna pull.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Well, it is better than I thought. I had always heard that guns were illegal in the hands of civilians, period. Guess not. I wonder if two people live together, if they can each have a gun, meaning more than one gun per house.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Only 200 rounds per year! That leaves a gunowner in Mexico very little ability to practice.

Mexico is a great example of the failure of gun control laws. Criminals will get guns if they want to and the laws will turn honest citizens into criminals for wanting to protect themselves.
    Secret Spuk and RichB70 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Makes you appreciate what you have. Imagine only getting 200 rounds a year to use with your ONE gun? Did anyone else notice that one of the customers interviewed in the ONE gun store was named Santiago MacGregor? Win.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Mexico is a great example of the failure of gun control laws.
    .. What is Mexico an example of success in? Other than how to have your crook president come up and lecture us on the failures of our system?
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

VIP Member
    That, however, hasn't stopped Mexicans from acquiring firearms. The country is awash in illegal guns, many of them assault weapons in the hands of merciless criminal gangs. President Felipe Calderon says authorities have seized more than 140,000 weapons since he came to office in late 2006. Many of them, Mexican officials assert, were purchased in the United States.
    Thoughtfully provided by eric holder’s Fast and Furious.
    Last edited by msgt/ret; April 3rd, 2012 at 01:34 AM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Wow. 200 rounds of ammo per year.... I shoot more then that at one range sitting.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I had always heard that guns were illegal in the hands of civilians, period.

VIP Member
    My son and I estimated that we shot up around 1200 rounds, just last weekend.

I live in South Texas,you would be surprised at how many Mexicans come to the gun range,they may be limited to 200 rounds in mexico,but the wealthy ones come into Texas and blaze away as much ammo as they can afford
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You can get guns in Mexico easily, they are selling them all the time out of back of ATF vehicles every day at noon, aren't they.
    Bribe a police officer, he'll sell you his.
    Get to know some of the people, and you can find anything you want in Mexico..... back alley black markets in many areas that closely resemble American flea markets and you won't find one thing in them that are legal. LEGAL, is only the cost to pay off the local police to look the other way.

Do you really think they all visit the "gun store" ?
    oneshot likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

That is really sad

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    I thought Mexico's gun stores were in South TX and AZ.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    FUNNY^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    .. What is Mexico an example of success in? Other than how to have your crook president come up and lecture us on the failures of our system?

^^^^^^How to mooch, pander, and cajole^^^^^^^^
    the greatest nation on earth out of their money, while at the same time keep its borders so loose, so as to allow its dregs of humanity to cross at will and wreak havoc on its closest neighbor,,,,which BTW, IS the greatest nation on earth.
    Mexico is a vile place, and would be a sixth world nation, were it not directly adjoining the United States of America.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links