Ruger LCP magazines

Ruger LCP magazines

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP magazines within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my Ruger LCP last week. It only came with one magazine. Is this really the way it is? It did come with the ...

Thread: Ruger LCP magazines

Ruger LCP magazines

I got my Ruger LCP last week. It only came with one magazine. Is this really the way it is? It did come with the pinky extension. Now the shop calls saying they got a magazine for sale. Ill pass by this afternoon. If it does not come with any packaging at all, I will most definitely think it was supposed to come with the unit.

Yep. Just one. Bummer huh- but you got the lame case. I put the extension on, it allowed me to get my ring finger on more securely. Went and put 160 rounds thru after I recieved my Promag 10 rounder. (just in the last 2 weeks) I was happy. I put the factory base on the promag, so it functions better as a backup mag. Everything ran 100%- winchester 95gr FMJ. I've seen badmouthing on the Promag, and IMO, for good reason. But this one was great. I will get 1 more 10 round backup mag. 160 rounds wouldn't be anything but for a cheapy poly super compact I'm convinced. If you're interested in a pocket holster I am super happy with my desantis nemesis. great even in baggy shorts. Be aware, after just a little bit of use it is like ZERO retention.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Yep, the LCP comes with only one magazine. As does the LC9 and the Kel-Tec pistols of the same size (P32, P3AT). I think this is for two reasons, first to keep costs down for the product (the LCP and Kel-Tecs are all sub-$300 guns), and second because I expect that the huge majority of folks that carry these little guns don't carry spare ammunition anyway. I bought a spare magazine for my LCP and my P32, but just one for each. I just don't like having one magazine for a pistol, but in reality, I carry these guns as last ditch BUGs, and I don't carry spare magazines for them.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Thanks guys. The spare mag I bought came in original packaging. Too bad, I can't find 10 rd mags here.

Links