Sig P220 or Glock 23

Sig P220 or Glock 23

This is a discussion on Sig P220 or Glock 23 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Should I buy a used Sig P220 carry .45acp or a new Glock 23. I can get the sig for $500 with case and 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P220 or Glock 23

Sig P220 or Glock 23

Should I buy a used Sig P220 carry .45acp or a new Glock 23. I can get the sig for $500 with case and 2 mags, 2 years old shot 2-3 times a year. The number of rounds fired is unknow the owner says that there has been no issues with the gun. Is $500 a good price

I personally have a g23 and I liked it so much I went and bought a g26. it is a personal choice but I never seen anyone wear a gun out under normal use. One thing I will say is I like the gen 3 over the gen 4 because of the texture of the grips and that back strap garbage

Boils down to personal preference, and which platform works best for you. Both are impossible to beat.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Tough choice. Both are excellent, but $500 for a P220 is hard to beat. I would lean toward the Sig.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Tough choice. I have both.

It boils down to what system suits your style? They're entirely different.

Is this for concealment? Both are concealable with a Croosbreed or Shielded Holster.

The Sig has an external hammer, decocker and 9+1 rounds. Mags are more expensive.

The Glock has 13+1 and is double stack. The flexibility of the Glock is the ability to use a 27 in combination. Ammo is cheaper.

My 23 is my travel gun and when I want to have a lot of ammo. My Sig is for home defense with a shotgun.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

It would be a carry gun. I have been saving up for the Glock. Might just buy the sig and start saving again for the glock.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I would never buy used. A new Glock is only around $500. I think it's like buying a used car, you have no idea how the previous owner has treated it. Your choice tho.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Use your gut to determine if the used has been hurt. Ask to shoot it. Like test driving a car. They are really too different animals though. I havea P228 and it is about the size of the 220 carry. It takes a little more work to conceal than my 23, just because of the lnes and curves but both are excellent accurate shooters.

You wont go wrong and that is a pretty good deal on the sig the price wont change on the Glock. I say get the Sig and buy the Glock later.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'd find out which one has a better trigger pull. My 1911 spoiled me in that respect. I always shoot more accurate with a smooth trigger pull. Glocks just don't do it for me.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I would recommend the Glock for carry. The Sig is a heavy gun compared to the Glock. Not to mention the mags are expensive and the gun is large for holding 8+1 while a Glock 23 will hold 13+1. I also think the Glock will be more customizable for you as there are so many aftermarket parts available. And of course there is GSSF. (Google GSSF.)

Sig. Smooth, reliable, accurate and metal.

Have both.... Both are excellent weapons.
    Depends on which you prefer more.

Tough choice. First off, yes, $500 is a good price for a 220 in good shape.

I have both a 220 and a G23. The Sig is a snick heavier in the holster but also just a bit thinner. Shooting them both, I'm more accurate with the 220 than the G23, and the 220 seems to have softer recoil and less muzzle flip than the .45 - but those are both subjective assessments. The Sig has never, ever bobbled a round or dropped the slide when I didn't command it to; but in spite of "Glock perfection" the G23 has both choked a few times (statistically insignificant, but nonetheless more than the Sig) and will drop the slide frequently on an aggressive reload. This latter generally isn't a problem, but it is worth mentioning.

The seat of my pants says you'll almost always get your 'investment' back on a well-cared for Sig, less likely on a Glock. Lastly, just one more intangible: no one in my family or circle of friends says "oooh, you've got a Glock," covets my Glock, or wants me to will it to them after I'm gone. Lots of people want dibs on my Sig.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I think you should buy the glock, and let me know where the deal on the Sig is.

mkh
    It depends on the condition of the 220 but the pricie isn't bad. My basic rule is Sig over any day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links