Daughter gets a new gun!!

This is a discussion on Daughter gets a new gun!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A little while ago I posted a thread stating that my daughter was outgrowing her Crickett and was seeking advice on getting a youth stock ...

Thread: Daughter gets a new gun!!

Daughter gets a new gun!!

A little while ago I posted a thread stating that my daughter was outgrowing her Crickett and was seeking advice on getting a youth stock for Ruger 10/22. After a bit of research, I have decided a new gun was in order, much to the dismay and frustration of "the boss". We had some extra work come in which increased our budget a little bit, so "The Boss" gave in and agreed to it.

Several people recommended the CZ 452 Scout, and after laying a Ruger 10/22 with a compact stock and the CZ 452 Scout side by side, looking at the difference, letting my daughter handle each one, we choose the CZ. I really like the CZ because we can choose between a single shot, or use a 5 or 10 round magazine in it, and it "feels" good.
    My daughter likes it because it has a PINK stock!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations - neither of you will be disappointed with the CZ.

But what happened to the "no more guns in the house" rule? Seems to me that was a deal-breaker in your initial posts.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I caught her in a weak moment, plus she is recovering from surgery, and I think the pain meds from the surgery helped me with her decision! Trust me, although I am totally amazed that she agreed, I am not arguing! Pain meds can be good for more than just pain!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    A little while ago I posted a thread stating that my daughter was outgrowing her Crickett and was seeking advice on getting a youth stock for Ruger 10/22. After a bit of research, I have decided a new gun was in order, much to the dismay and frustration of "the boss". We had some extra work come in which increased our budget a little bit, so "The Boss" gave in and agreed to it.

Several people recommended the CZ 452 Scout, and after laying a Ruger 10/22 with a compact stock and the CZ 452 Scout side by side, looking at the difference, letting my daughter handle each one, we choose the CZ. I really like the CZ because we can choose between a single shot, or use a 5 or 10 round magazine in it, and it "feels" good.
    My daughter likes it because it has a PINK stock!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice.
    So long as she can hit with it. Get her into a silhouette shooting club to keep interest IMO. Nothing like downing steel!

Links