GLOCK: 30 or 19

This is a discussion on GLOCK: 30 or 19 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a 30. Im considering a 19. Unfortunately due to financial complications (im broke as hell) It seems as though it will be one ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GLOCK: 30 or 19

I have a 30. Im considering a 19. Unfortunately due to financial complications (im broke as hell) It seems as though it will be one or the other.

G30: My first handgun bought for my 21 st bday. carried it everyday since. love the .45. Kinda means something to me.
    G19: gen4 makes the mag release swap L.H capable (Im south paw) Easy to find holster for L.H G19. Love the price of 9MM ammo.

They both feel perfect in my hands even though they are so different in grip size. IDK what to do. Help!!
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

VIP Member
    Hard to go wrong either way.
    joker1 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'd keep the 30. I love my 19, but I would never sell one gun to buy a different one.
    10thmtn and nerdyvirgin like this.

Keep the 30 and wait until finances improve to go get the 19. Some things can wait. There are plenty of 19's available and always will be. No rush.

Which one feels sweeter? You know the answer...... she's the one who makes you feel sooo.......... uuuoooommmmmmm.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

You're torn? I say get the G19. The G30 is very nice.......I know....been down that road myself. If I were changing caliber from a compact to sub from 45ACP, I think I would go for the 40S&W to somehow balance it all out. But...the 9mm isn't bad and it is easier to find and cheaper to buy and practice with. I don't envy your decision even though change is generally good.

I have both...I'd keep the 30...bigger holes!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I have to say that the G19 is the best Glock ever made..... Sorry guys, but it's the truth......
    joker1, Sarge45 and Cdknox like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

G30: My first handgun bought for my 21 st bday. carried it everyday since. love the .45. Kinda means something to me.
    I think you answered the question yourself.
    Keep the 30.

What caliber do you want? .45 or 9mm. There is your answer. Me? I have no use for .45 so I would go 19 on a heartbeat. Opinions will vary.

keep the g30 and save up your lunch money to buy the g19. i brown bag my lunch everyday and you should see the guns that i have gotten with it over the years. today lunch run around $10.00 plus, that is a bunch of $$$$ within a month or two.
    .45acpguy likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

My personal opinion is the G19 is one of the BEST 'all around' handguns out there. Now, the 30 is a great lil' gun in it's on respects. Either one will do ya justice.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

21 st b'day present and your broke? Keep the gun. But a G19 when you have more $$. keep what $$ you have now and $ave $ave
    Crescentstar and Toorop like this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm with the " keep the G30 crowd and buy the G19 when you can save enough. From experience I will say that I have sold guns before and have regretted it .....EVERY time.
    Toorop and Crescentstar like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

RKM
    My G30 was my first. I've had it for a long time. I've carried it and carried it and shot it and shot it. It's my "favorite" firearm I own to this day. It can fill many roles from home defense to carry to range toy. I feel the same way, there is something special about a .45 that I can't really explain. I recently decided to get a G19 due to cheaper and more available 9mm ammo. It's thinner and more ammo capacity. I carry either or. I rotate between the two. They see pretty much the equal amount of carry time. I really enjoy both equally as much. I wouldn't get rid of the G30 for a G19. But I would defiantly get a G19. Save up. If you can't, keep the G30. on the other hand, if I started with a G19, I wouldn't get rid of the G19 for a G30......

If the G30 means a lot to you, I'd stick with it until you have the money to add the G19.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links