What 22(semi) pistol I should buy

This is a discussion on What 22(semi) pistol I should buy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello all and this is my first post here Been shooting for the last cple of years but mostly revolvers and have a Colt Target ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What 22(semi) pistol I should buy

Hello all and this is my first post here
    Been shooting for the last cple of years but mostly revolvers and have a Colt Target match revolver but no semi. I see Ruger came out with the SR22 and was wondering how is that or go to the MKIII by then. How are the other company on there 22 semi-auto's?

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    My vote would be for a Ruger Mark III or a Browning Buckmark. Toss up on price, and accuracy. Just my $.02

Oh, and hello and welcome from Florida.
    rigel42 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Depends on what you are looking to do with it....
    Range plinker?
    Trainer for a full size pistol?
    Suppressor host?
    I have a Sig Mosquito which I like alot..... However it is DA/SA and doesn't operate like any of my other pistols... Which is a whole 'nother manual of arms to be familiar with....
    I like the Buckmarks, 22/45, I've heard good things about the new M&P 22 as well.
    Something else to consider is how much the spare magazines are... I know they can run $45-60 for the Mosquito...

wecome to the site... I have a browning buckmark that I have had for 25 years and sees a lot range time

Look at the berettta neos, mine is a tack driver....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I got to shoot a Walther P22 a few months ago, and I loved it. Small, easy to handle, and pretty accurate for something so small. Almost bought one, but decided I needed a .45 before I got a .22 pistol.

When the time comes around for another handgun, I might have to snatch one up- .22lrs are WAY too cheap to NOT have one.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I agree with the Walther P22 suggestion.

I have a Walther P22 and there are some things that take some getting used to (magazine release for example) but it's a great little gun. I also find it real nice because it's great for small hands. If you have rather large hands, I would NOT suggest it for you. My step father's pinky-finger always hangs off and he finds that kind of uncomfortable (he likes calling the Walther P22 "cute" because of its size). My mother has a Sig Mosquito which is a great comparable .22 LR; however, at least when comparing my Walther P22 and my mother's Sig Mosquito, my Walther is a TON more reliable and will shoot a lot more variety of rounds through it. My mother's has to shoot high velocity CCIs while mine can shoot bulk ammo no problem as long as it's not real low velocity sub-sonic (which you're probably going to run across anyway with a semi-auto). If you're fine with that though, the Sig Mosquito is a great "regular sized" little semi-auto pistol.

Just for shooting at the range, get some range in, cheaper then 38 or 45. Carry weapon I have for now is smith 442 and maybe my Colt commander when I find a holster for it. I have revolver 22's but want a semi for some reason besides my Colt

I recently bought a new Colt .22 1911 that shoots really good.My wife loves it.She also loves (took) my new S&W M&P AR .22,and then said "I want a sling on it;just like yours"

I too have a berettta noes and really like it. My only complaint is that the front site is black and I have a hard time seeing it. Placed a red-dot site on it, and no longer have a site problem.
    Glock Armorer

I have a beretta Neos..I myself dont like it but shoots fast and I cant hit anything with it but I think thats me.......Blade sight

I have the ruger sr22 as well..very nice..very nice. (three dot white)

and I have a sig mosquito..I like that its larger but yes being sa/da take some work. but VERY nice sites..a. litter pricier but I like that its large.......(three dot green)

You cant go wrong with any 22......it all comes down to preference IMHO...
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Bersa makes a very nice little PPK clone .22. I had the older model 23 back in the 90's, and glad to see they have started importing the new Thunder 22 into the US again. This one is on
    my short list. Great little pistol.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Look at the berettta neos, mine is a tack driver....
    Same here. Not the prettiest .22 pistol but they sure are accurate........:)
    ~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Bersa makes a very nice little PPK clone .22. I had the older model 23 back in the 90's, and glad to see they have started importing the new Thunder 22 into the US again. This one is on
    my short list. Great little pistol.

I have one just like this. It's not near as accurate as my Bersa .380 but then again it has better sights than the .22
    ~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008

Several months ago I went to the LGS with the thought that I was going to buy a Neos, because it's a Beretta and I LIKE the looks, but it fit horribly in my hand. I was very disappointed. After checking a lot of other .22s I ended up buying the GSG 1911/22. I love it, accurate as can be and totally reliable!
    zonker1986 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links