Shooter's supply Independence KY

This is a discussion on Shooter's supply Independence KY within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have had nothing but rude and condescending customer service from shooters supply in KY. Anyone else have any dealings with them?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

I have had nothing but rude and condescending customer service from shooters supply in KY. Anyone else have any dealings with them?

TJx
    A little attitude, not too bad but I can tell they're capable of worse. I saw their Google reviews reflect what you're saying.
    Are you looking to buy or just use the range?
    Try QuickCash Pawn in Florence. They charge a flat 10% above their wholesale cost. It's not your typical pawn shop. It's the best gunshop in the area that just happens to be in a pawn shop. It's not uncommon to see stuff at Bud's prices or sometimes even a little lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I have had nothing but rude and condescending customer service from shooters supply in KY. Anyone else have any dealings with them?
    I don't know so much about rude and condescending but I would say they are fairly dismissive of me when I'm there, I assume it's because I'm a young guy at just 21. I've also found that none of the staff members are very knowledgeable, when I ask questions all I seem to get are dumb looks or the conversation is diverted towards whatever tidbit of information that the salesman knows about the gun at hand which is usually the same information you'd get from the front page of a brochure. It's not like I ask tough questions either, it's mostly asking for their opinion on a certain gun or asking what other customers who purchased it have said, or trying to examine some positives or negatives of a certain feature.

For example, I asked about the grip safety on the XD- did people like it? Should I be worried that it must be depressed to cycle the slide? I also asked about the mag release on the Walther PPS- again, do people like it? Simple questions that could be easily answered from talking to and listening to your customers.

I will say, when I walked in with my dad to get my 21st birthday present (Marlin 336 .30-30, GREAT rifle) they were very nice since they knew they were getting a nice chunk of change but walking in there by myself I can hardly get the time of day. Needless to say, I don't shop there much. The only thing I buy there is defensive ammo since I don't buy a large enough quantity to make ordering on the internet worth it. I bought my Glock 23 at Open Range.

Edit: Not sure if I'm talking about the same store, I only know of one Shooters Supply and it's in Lyndon.

I use the range there only because it is one of two in northern Ky. and Marks is worse. Ill buy all of my firearms somewhere else. I have learned that if you go during the week late the service is much better. This is not a place to go and talk about firearms with the staff. They are there for a check and that seems to be all.

I only spend money to shoot at the range. I buy my guns and ammo from one shot in Newtown oh. I told the owner about my concerns and that I bought $3000 worth of guns and ammo elsewhere because of the customer service.

I think it depends upon who is working there. We've had some guys ignore use when trying to buy ammo or look at long guns, but then other guys have been very helpful and friendly. Also, the two guys I dealt with before I bought an M1 Garand there were very helpful. A friend bought his Garand there too, and had a good experience. YMMV!!

Until Newtown opens, SS is our closest range we're willing to travel to (we've avoided the Sharonville range based on heresay and reputation, but we should probably visit there sometime to get first hand experience)... We've had good experiences shooting at SS on the week nights after work. I like that it's just a few miles from where my wife works and she is comfortable and treated well there.

As with anyplace, personality can be a big part of the equation and so it may depend greatly on who's working at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I only spend money to shoot at the range. I buy my guns and ammo from one shot in Newtown oh. I told the owner about my concerns and that I bought $3000 worth of guns and ammo elsewhere because of the customer service.
    We consider One Shot to be our local shop and have done most of our business there too. We click pretty well with most of them, including the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post

Edit: Not sure if I'm talking about the same store, I only know of one Shooters Supply and it's in Lyndon.
    There are WAY too many unrelated Shooters Supply shops in the region. The one being discussed here is in Independence, KY, just outside of Cincinnati.

I only spend money at the range. Because its better than marks. But typically they aren't to terrible towards me. I have witnessed this attitude however

I saw on face book that shooters is under new management/ownership, looking forward to see what is to come.

The sales staff at the Shooters supply in Louisville is generally pretty condescending in my experience. Their prices are usually significantly higher than most stores as well. The only thing they have going for them is selection IMO.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I do not buy firearms from them but do use the range. They have a reputation for being rude, it depends on who is working. I have experienced both good and bad there.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Shooters' range is quite nice. It's the only place I've shot in the past 12 months (I go monthly). But, yeah, I don't think that I've ever buy anything from Shooters Supply.

I've only asked to look at a few guns in all my trips there. When I wanted to see a Ruger SR9c, the burly guy with the flat top seemed annoyed and didn't want to answer any questions. Poor customer service in my opinion. Several months later, I asked to see a Kahr CM9 and the shortish guy with the mustache and glasses was cooperative and patient. So, YMMV.

Totally agree with another post on here recommending Quick Cash in Florence for gun purchases. Besides buying my Glock 23 and Ruger LCP from them, I've been in there numerous times and they're always friendly with me. Better prices than Shooters, too.

P95
    I personally have never done business with them, but have heard a lot of negative feedback about them.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Shooters' range is quite nice. It's the only place I've shot in the past 12 months (I go monthly). But, yeah, I don't think that I've ever buy anything from Shooters Supply.

I've only asked to look at a few guns in all my trips there. When I wanted to see a Ruger SR9c, the burly guy with the flat top seemed annoyed and didn't want to answer any questions. Poor customer service in my opinion. Several months later, I asked to see a Kahr CM9 and the shortish guy with the mustache and glasses was cooperative and patient. So, YMMV.

Totally agree with another post on here recommending Quick Cash in Florence for gun purchases. Besides buying my Glock 23 and Ruger LCP from them, I've been in there numerous times and they're always friendly with me. Better prices than Shooters, too.
    Yeah that guy is a.....

I will say that my last several times there have been much better. I think I read that they are under new ownership but I don't know.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links