S&W m&p9c questions

S&W m&p9c questions

This is a discussion on S&W m&p9c questions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since I can't seem to pull up anything on the search bar for this gun. I was looking for overall reviews has anyone experienced any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S&W m&p9c questions

S&W m&p9c questions

Since I can't seem to pull up anything on the search bar for this gun. I was looking for overall reviews has anyone experienced any problems? The lgs found one and ordered for me it's been on back order for him with his suppliers for awhile.

The S&W MP series are all fine weapons. Most problems with any newer quality weapon are minor if they are even real issues people just look to complain
    You bough a fine weapon

Daughter has one we bought from Buds,I trust her life with it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I love my 9c. I've only got 300 rounds through it so far but it has been flawless and very accurate. The only common complaint I've heard and concur with is that the trigger is kind of "gritty" and the reset is as defined as some would like. To remedy that I just ordered the new Apex M&P trigger and their DCAEK kit.
    Gunga Galunga

Good choice. I love mine. A friend has the full size with the apex trigger and I really cant tell the difference. And I think my trigger feels fine. Thats me tho. Its unbelievable how the different palm swells make the gun feel. Ive got smallish hands and I shoot it the best with the large size. different strokes for different folks I guess. Enjoy your new gun.

I have one being shipped to my FFL on Tuesday. Can't wait! Already got all the goodies, ammo, holster, 17 round mag and X-grip.

Ergonomics are awesome, trigger is great for concealed carry, reliability is perfect ( so far). I think you made a great choice! I agree with the gentleman above ....the palm swells are a great part of this gun.
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC
    Taurus Millennium Pro 140

Are the same things true about the M&P 40c, the weapon I'm thinking of getting next?

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Are the same things true about the M&P 40c, the weapon I'm thinking of getting next?
    I trust my life on my M&P 40c every day. Comfortable, concealable and uber reliable; I put 800 rounds through mine one weekend with zero FTF or FTE's and didn't clean it until Sunday night. Get it, you won't ever regret it.
    All_Business likes this.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

I have an M&P40c that has performed just as well, if not better than my 40 and 45 cal glocks. Those are the 3 I have that I trust my life with

My 45c has been 100% reliable through about 1000 rounds of various types. I've not had any problems with the trigger, so no changes made. Currently saving for the 9c.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    I trust my life on my M&P 40c every day. Comfortable, concealable and uber reliable; I put 800 rounds through mine one weekend with zero FTF or FTE's and didn't clean it until Sunday night. Get it, you won't ever regret it.
    +1 on what s/he said.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Wife bought hers at a local gun show, it's perfect for her, and it shoots well even in my huge hands. No problems yet, the trigger pull that others have commented on is indeed "the case" 6.5lbs I believe, however I would say that this gun, being a SD gun, not a 3 gun competition gun, and the safety being the trigger (didn't get one with a thumb safety), is the reason it is the way it is, to keep a 2lb. trigger being stuffed in a pocked resulting in a ND. Thought about the Apex trigger kit, but after shooting it, feel it's probably not what we need.

cj
    Loved mine so much, and it performed so well, that I started getting more M&Ps...up to 3 now, and considering the .22 and new 'Shield'.

VERY easy to shoot, and helps me do better than most others in the classes I've been taking. Only issue was the front sight being slightly misaligned, but a couple of quick taps fixed that.

Bud's is out of stock now, all they have is the M&P9c w/ safety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links