Buds Gun Shop: Yea or Nay?

This is a discussion on Buds Gun Shop: Yea or Nay? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently, I wanted to order a firearm from Bud's Gun Shop. Their prices appear great...then you read the fine-print: "Price reflects a 3% cash discount". ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Buds Gun Shop: Yea or Nay?

Recently, I wanted to order a firearm from Bud's Gun Shop. Their prices appear great...then you read the fine-print: "Price reflects a 3% cash discount". What a stone-age policy. When you're buying a $500 gun, that 3% amounts to an extra $15. When you factor in the "non-cash" price, you might as well order from somewhere else, that doesn't charge a CC surcharge.

Just on principle, I will not order from them again/ever. Just my 2 cents!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You see that a lot at gun shows and I understand it to a degree. It's expensive to process plastic when you are a little guy. Either Bud's THINKS they are still a little guy or they are trying to gouge.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I've seen the surcharge quite a few places online, not to mention at the gas pump. I like using them to compare prices tho and keep the LGS honest. I bought a PPQ from a local guy with his dealers license and ended up getting it cheaper than anywhere online, with no surcharge, tax, or shipping.

Those places are nice for window shopping tho. But it seems that surcharge is pretty commonplace. Sucks though.

I probably wouldn't buy from Buds after all the bad customer service reviews tho.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Just their way of selling cheaper than their competition. As long as you know that before committing to the sale you can determine whether or not the price is worth the extra effort of sending a MO/CC. It burns me when the fine print is not disclosed or noticed until after I commit then have the extra inconvenience and delay to deal with that I was not counting on. I bought from them without the cash discount and the gun was at my FFL in 2 days. I was pleased.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

it's very clearly advertised as the cash discounted price. yes it's small print but it's right under the price. hard to miss.
    C Bennett and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Businesses are charged by the credit card companies for transactions.The amount varies with different companies. As for Bud's the free shipping offsets what you are charged for credit card purchase. I see no problem with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I ordered a Mosin Nagant from Bud's a couple months ago. Got it for $114 incl. tax. Insurance, and shipping. Didn't include a bayonet so I emailed them and the sent me one immediately. Good prices and good cs imo. GL

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    I bought a couple of guns from them recently. I did the complete purchase online. No problems, never spoke to a live person (IIRC). I'd consider ordering from them again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I purchased a gun from them, no problems. Used their layaway program, very convenient.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I bought a few guns through BGS in February. Although my card was charged immediately (with that 3% fee), the weapons didn't arrive at my FFL for 13 days! No more for me. I buy locally.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

They're one of the places I buy ammo from. I bought a case of 9mm from them about three weeks ago. My only gripe was with the USPS not updating tracking info....ever, but that isn't Buds fault, although it would be nice if they offered a UPS option.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I fell for the sign up for an out-of-stock pistol ploy. In two years I have never been contacted about coming to the top of the wait list for the pistol, but I can't get the junk email stopped. I bought the pistol somewhere else ages ago. Most places op out of email process works. Bud' does not work for me so I just filter it to spam. My non transaction with them was a pia.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I have bought from Bud's and sent them a check. I didn't pay the 3% and my gun shipped the same day the check got there. I think the whole thing took about three extra days of my time.

For me getting the right price was more important than instant gratification.... I know, I'm cheap. : )
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I think you can even use a E-check for a faster transaction without the 3% surcharge. At any rate, I bought from them and liked how they handle my order. I will buy from them if needed another gun.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Nay. I dont buy guns without seeing them in person.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links