I am in LOVE - CZ's are great.

This is a discussion on I am in LOVE - CZ's are great. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently I got my daughter her new PINK CZ 542 Scout. This was only after my wife said "okay" after I wore her down when ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DMan

Thread: I am in LOVE - CZ's are great.

I am in LOVE - CZ's are great.

Recently I got my daughter her new PINK CZ 542 Scout. This was only after my wife said "okay" after I wore her down when she was on pain medication. To take a break from my penance to my wife, I took my daughter to the range today to try it out for the first time.

WOW, this is a sweet little gun, and I fell in love with it (pink be dammed, I shot it and enjoyed it!). My daughter had been using a Crickett which she has outgrown. This gun is great and it is accurate right out of the box! I placed a cheap BSA scope on the CZ and started sighting it in at 50 yards. It was 4 inches to the Right. 32 clicks to the left and I grouped them nicely right dead center.

I then handed it to my daughter who took about 10 shots and she was grouping them nicely for her skill.

We then moved to the 100 yard, and it and she did great! It has a great bolt, the trigger is pretty nice and crisp, and my daughter nailed the X ring! She needs work on her trigger pull to keep the gun stable but she still kept most of her shots in the black/7 ring and in.

After we finished the shooting session, I picked it up and shot 5 more rounds with it, and totally forgot that it was pink.

While at the range, I started talking with a gentleman at the range who was very pleased to see children learning how to shoot and thought the pink was pretty "nifty". I offered to let him shoot it and he was also very impressed with how it handled.

My wife still hasn't forgiven me, but after handling it, she is talking about getting rid of her 10/22 and getting a CZ 542 Scout as well. I may just ditch both of our 10/22's and replacing them with CZ's! But I have a feeling that part of my penance will be I have to get rid of my 10/22 to get her the CZ Scout.
    Last edited by DMan; April 8th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    WHEC724 and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Links