Action Pics of Wife Shooting

This is a discussion on Action Pics of Wife Shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A couple of weeks ago I posted some info about my wife shooting my Smith & Wesson model 1066 10mm. Bud asked for action pictures. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action Pics of Wife Shooting

VIP Member

Action Pics of Wife Shooting

A couple of weeks ago I posted some info about my wife shooting my Smith & Wesson model 1066 10mm. Bud asked for action pictures. So here they are. I learned something trying to take these shots. It is almost impossible to get a shot of the exact moment the trigger breaks. Leah is a good shooter and it is obvious from me watching her that she is surprised everytime the trigger breaks and fires the round. She never anticipates and there for when I click the shutter I am hoping that the trigger will break a fraction of a second later. It did not happen.

We have no formal range to shoot at so this is out in the country where a friend has set up a table from his son, grandsons and himself to zero their rifles. There is plenty of space behind the targets and his property runs for more than a mile behind the stand of trees that we shoot toward. You will see woods in pretty much any direction. To our right when firing is a thicket. It is only 10 or 12 feet from the end of the table. You may notice a tarp in some shots. We arrange it so most of the brass lands on it. We police up all the brass for two reasons. First, because this is someone else's property and we don't leave it worse than we found it. And second, my wife has told me that we must start reloading. Guess you know what my Christmas present will be.

In the first two pictures she is shooting the SIG P239 in .357SIG. The third picture is the target for the first seven rounds. Yes, there are only 6 holes. The second hole down is the result of two hits.

These are of Leah with the S&W 1066. You can tell that she is not a big woman, but she has no problem with a big pistol. She shoots about as well two handed strong side, off hand right handed or left handed. She is still waiting to get the opportunity to fire a .44 magnum.

Maybe next time I can time the trigger break and get a shot of the actual firing. I'd like to get one of the .357SIG going off.

Well, Bud, there are your action shots. Maybe I'll do better next time.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Very nice....
    Not so much as a blink out of her huh?
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Good shots George

its amazing how many shots we go though trying to get the action shots my motor drive on my camera gets a work out

VIP Member
    I thought that one of the features that Bumper had implimented on this version of vBulletin was reducing the size of photos to not exceed a preset limit. Either I misunderstood or the limit is bigger than I though. Sorry that some of you may have to scroll over the see the full picture. I did not reduce the size because I thought the board software would. I guess there are worse things.

dimmak, I do have one picture of her blinking, but as the shot was taken she lowered the pistol and did not shoot. I asked what happened and she said that she had lost concentration. What could I say. I said, "Oh, OK." Last time I checked bringing the pistol down was the right move if you lost concentration.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Nice form!

I mean that in a purely technical sense, of course.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    Nice form!

I mean that in a purely technical sense, of course.
    I agree in both senses. Not bad for a lady that just turned 50. Here she is on her birthday 8/17.

She works at the same college I do and is frequently asked what year she is. Quite a lady, I think I'll keep her. We've been married over 28 years and it honestly doesn't seem like it's been 28 months.

I think I hijacked my own thread! Let's see if I can get it back on track.

She shoots well too!
    George

Administrator
    Nice Pics dr_cmg...thanks for posting them.
    I really enjoyed seeing them.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ex Member Array Ghost Who Walks's Avatar
    Isosceles, huh. Smart! Who trained her?

Support hand is a little, 'teacupped' in the first two pictures; probably a result of the shorter grip on the 239. That can slow down re:acquisition of the front sight, impede catching the trigger reset point, and might even drop a shot for ya every now and then.

While firing the 1066, she demonstrates an absolutely perfect grip and form. I'll bet your wife shoots well - It shows!

(Would whoever taught your wife how to handle a pistol like to take a shot at training mine?)

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I like your brass catcher too.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow George - great pics (if huge ) - there is a lady with good gun control - and that target speaks volumes too.

You lucky fella - but then you know that
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Who Walks View Post
    Isosceles, huh. Smart! Who trained her?

Support hand is a little, 'teacupped' in the first two pictures; probably a result of the shorter grip on the 239. That can slow down re:acquisition of the front sight, impede catching the trigger reset point, and might even drop a shot for ya every now and then.

While firing the 1066, she demonstrates an absolutely perfect grip and form. I'll bet your wife shoots well - It shows!

(Would whoever taught your wife how to handle a pistol like to take a shot at training mine?)
    Leah was trained by James Hester of Gun Logic Firearms Training in Coker, AL. Except for the fact that it was about 28 degrees the day we took training it was a perfect day. http://www.gunlogic.com/home.html
    George

nice pics George ! I liked the single-righted handed shot. Now if she were to do it with her left (weak ?) hand. Whoa !!!
    Still...very impressive....

VIP Member
    Excellent photos George!

Thanks for sharing!

A great pianist and excellent shot! You are one fortunate man!!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    nice pics George ! I liked the single-righted handed shot. Now if she were to do it with her left (weak ?) hand. Whoa !!!
    Still...very impressive....
    Arthur, the next to the last picture is with her left (weak) hand. I did not catch it in recoil, but she fired 5 rounds left handed. Here's another picture. This one was taken the round before the next to the last photo above.

George

After one look at that target, I would say be very nice to her...
    I am sure you are, but my wife has that same problem of shooting tiny groups, and I have had to be nice to her for 12 years.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links