Remington is under fire again ?

This is a discussion on Remington is under fire again ? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; tonight on rock center 9/8 central time they will have a segment on Remington . the lead story is 1/3 down the link Rock Center ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By JDE101

Thread: Remington is under fire again ?

Remington is under fire again ?

tonight on rock center 9/8 central time they will have a segment on Remington . the lead story is 1/3 down the link

Rock Center with Brian Williams

2. Remove Ads

I watched the clip. Lets see, guy leans loaded shotgun against truck, gun falls over and goes off, he gets shot but doesn't think HE did anything wrong!!! When I learned gun safety way back in the 50s, one of the first things I learned was you do NOT lean a loaded gun against a fence, tree, or anything else, as it can fall over and go off!!! He violated a rule of gun safety and common sense on top of it! Yet leave it to the media to pick up on it and point out how unsafe guns are. Not how unsafe people are, how unsafe guns are!

One of the biggest problems in this country is that people always want to blame something/someone else for their problems. They never want to accept responsibility for their own stupid actions!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    I watched it, too. Remington didn't do itself any favors with its attack the messenger response, at least as portrayed by the messenger.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Sounds like "Hot Coffee" to me! Get dumb, get hurt, make millions. What a Country.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Couple of things I noticed. The guy who shot himself when the gun "fell off the truck" The wound pattern shown was way too large to be from a gun fired from just feet away. The distance from the wheel well to the back of the truck would put the pattern at about 3 inches. There's more to that story, much more.

The guy who shot his hand off. Don't point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot. Namely your hand.

The guy who shot his wife. He just plain shot his wife (he had $2.5 million reasons). No one is dumb enough to believe he was going to use an air compressor to blow oil out of the barrel. A barrel he just poured oil into. No cleaning rod through the bore hitting the cartridge on the closed bolt? FAIL. He just killed the woman and is looking for a way out of jail so he can spend the insurance money.

The one that got I was the man that was cleaning his gun and it went off killing his wife and I quote" here honey hold this ends while I clean the other".

I guess he is the stupidest person around or the rest of us are to think anyone is going to believe that story. How many rules did he break with that story?

Links