What kind of "fun" do you have while shooting, I'm looking for ideas.

This is a discussion on What kind of "fun" do you have while shooting, I'm looking for ideas. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We like to shoot propane bottles at night. At least when it isn't too dry here. I have an adapter that lets you refill 1lb ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What kind of "fun" do you have while shooting, I'm looking for ideas.

We like to shoot propane bottles at night. At least when it isn't too dry here.

I have an adapter that lets you refill 1lb propane bottles from a 20 lb grill bottle. When we have an abundance of old 1lb bottles, we fill them 1/2 full or so and set them out on the range. Then you cut a coke can, not beer can mind you, in half and put some gas in the can, set it beside the propane bottle 6-8 inches away and light the gas in the can. Back off and shoot the propane bottle. It brightens the range quite nicely.

Before we ran out of old 20 lb bottles, when the switch was being made to OPD valve models, 1/4 full 20 lbs bottles made a nice light show. The one pound bottles can be shot with a .22 rifle, the 20 lb bottles required a larger caliber to puncture the bottles and create the light show.

Shoot safely, but have fun.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Golf Balls

Works best with a 22LR Take a golf ball throw in out about 20ft and try to hit it down the range. First to cross X line wins or something like that. Not an easy target to hit square to make it go straight. .223 does very interesting things to a golf ball too. Have fun be safe

To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Tracer rounds for evening/night shoots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links