Beaten To Death with bare hands

This is a discussion on Beaten To Death with bare hands within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Santa Rosa Inmate Beaten to Death: From Pensacola News Journal April 8, 2012 http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...D=201204080348 I am not a computer guru so if the link don't ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paladin3840
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Beaten To Death with bare hands

Beaten To Death with bare hands

Santa Rosa Inmate Beaten to Death: From Pensacola News Journal April 8, 2012 http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...D=201204080348 I am not a computer guru so if the link don't work perhaps someone will fix it.

http://www.pnj.com The PNJ search function can be used from here until a guru can create a direct link to the article.

It appears some people under-estimate the damage that is capable of being done with bare hands and feet. Those with experience in Law Enforcement or Corrections have wittnessed otherwise. My training under the auspices of Florida Department of Law Enforcement is that blows to the head constitute deadly force (whether given or received) and are not to be applied unless a deadly force response is warranted.

The point of posting the recent article is to illustrate that a "weapon" such as a knife or bludgeon is not necessary in order to inflict death or great bodily harm. The last two inmate murders at Santa Rosa CI of which I am aware were committed with "bare hands". There is plenty of concrete and steel in a cell for inmates to bang heads on. Also most men have enough strength to to inflict death or great bodily harm to another with blows to the head using "only" their bare fist.
    Last edited by Paladin3840; April 12th, 2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Link trouble

2. Remove Ads

Link doesn't work and I don't have time to go find it.
    Last edited by Okemo; April 12th, 2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: To help keep it generic.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Generic, please

The subject of the disparity of force with one or multiple "unarmed" attackers is one worthy of a discussion of appropriate force responses.
    Let's keep it generic so it don't get locked.
    Bark'n likes this.

This would certainly not be the first case of death by beating. I'm surprised it happens in prison though.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Inmates beaten to death...somehow, I'm not moved!
    It's just some of the hazards of 'crime retirement'.

To the OP...yep, fists can hurt, therefore, never pick a fight with an old man.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Inmates beaten to death...somehow, I'm not moved!
    It's just some of the hazards of 'crime retirement'.

To the OP...yep, fists can hurt, therefore, never pick a fight with an old man.
    I was sparring with a very strong, athletic, and very disciplined 30 ish y.o. man the other day. He happens to look
    like he was just let out of jail-- you'd fear him if you set eyes on him on the street-- though he is I think a good guy.

He is very very fast and he landed two light jabs to my jaws and one to my face (nose). I am 100 % positive he knew exactly
    that he was going to get my attention to bring my hands up, and remember to guard, and nothing more.

If that young man chose to seriously pound me, I have no doubt he could put me in a grave with 1-3 quick ones.
    I'd likely not even know enough to step back or draw (if it were the real world). It would just be over.

There is no doubt in my mind that hands can kill.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Seen it in person!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Never forget the hands and feet are the oldest weapons known to man. Being 61 myself I would consider a younger man more of a threat than if I were younger.
    claude clay likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If you can win a fight you can kill somebody. You just have to keep going.

Don't lose fights.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    hands kill

its one of the most basic tenants of self defense
    as a stranger approaches a good deal of my awearness is focused on their hands and my left hand is in my jacket pocket wrapped around a 642.
    the position of their hand, clenched, open & closing, flexing or just hanging there...

it tells a lot about intentions.
    most street people i have been expposed to are better at lying with their face, especially their smile, than their body language.

im retired now and have no cause to go into the inner-city anymore. but observing, SA will likely always be operating
    im not awear that im doing it unless and untill something causes an 'alert' requiring a concious thought or action.

-----------------
    and when someone gets near your personal zone it is a given that, even with a gun pointed at them in your pocket,
    if they move on you--you will take some damage before your bullets effect closure.

but we can't go about shooting everyone that looks mean at 10 feet. shame.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Hands used by the right person in close quarters combat are deadlier than someone partially skilled with a knife in same proximity. I've seen someone nearly killed bare-handed before with ONE strike.... dude caught the webbing of opponents hand to his throat and it instantly crushed his windpipe (******* started the fight too...karma)...there was just enough air for him to get to the hospital and be fixed. He dropped instantly and if the other guy wanted to, could of VERY easily had killed him with follow up blows. Luckily, the one that hit the other guy wasn't charged b/c "victim" swung 1st. I was the one to call 911. The sad thing....the one that got hit (swung 1st) was about 50lbs heavier and about 6" taller than the other guy. Just other guy knew what he was doing
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Links