Regent 1911?

Regent 1911?

This is a discussion on Regent 1911? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I was looking around at a couple places the other day and came across a Regent 1911, from Umarex. I've never heard of these ...

Thread: Regent 1911?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Regent 1911?

So, I was looking around at a couple places the other day and came across a Regent 1911, from Umarex. I've never heard of these before, and it's made in Turkey.

From all that I've seen, they ARE mil-spec, and seem to be pretty good for the money. I found a base GI model in black for $450+tax. I can pick up a RIA GI model for about the same price, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Regent.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    "Gun control should mean hitting your target every time."

Please try to remember- I have a very dry sense of humor. It usually sounds mean, but isn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    So, I was looking around at a couple places the other day and came across a Regent 1911, from Umarex. I've never heard of these before, and it's made in Turkey.

From all that I've seen, they ARE mil-spec, and seem to be pretty good for the money. I found a base GI model in black for $450+tax. I can pick up a RIA GI model for about the same price, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Regent.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Great entry-level 1911--I have had mine for around 1 year now with about 1K so far downrange.

I can highly recommend.

Here's a link to a review (you may or may not have already seen):

IAC Regent Model R100

1911a1.jpg
    -Cheers

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB_Fan View Post
    Great entry-level 1911--I have had mine for around 1 year now with about 1K so far downrange.

I can highly recommend.

Here's a link to a review (you may or may not have already seen):

IAC Regent Model R100

1911a1.jpg
    -Cheers
    Wonderful, thank you. Now, I just need to convince my wife that that is what she wants. Since she tried to steal my Springfield a couple weeks ago.
    "Gun control should mean hitting your target every time."

Please try to remember- I have a very dry sense of humor. It usually sounds mean, but isn't meant to be.

PERSONALLY, I would save another hundred or so and get a Para or Remington. A tad more will get a Ruger.

I would like to have one! My youngest son got himself a SA Range Officer for Christmas, that's a very nice gun. Most accurate we have shot.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I just bought one...so far I really like it. That and the guy that used to own it was my salesman at the LGS (and a good friend of mine.) Pictures of mine are here: My new carry weapon!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links