guns confisgated from home

This is a discussion on guns confisgated from home within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a problem with VA making appts to remove cancer from my back (I am a Vet) I found I could not make another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: guns confisgated from home

I had a problem with VA making appts to remove cancer from my back (I am a Vet) I found I could not make another appt for this for months..I got irate in attempting to reach (anyone there) to talk to someone about this...they vocally said, or so I thought, was another tel number...I called it not realizing it was a hotline...I could not communicate with this individual. within a short time police showed up at my house. My wife let them in and they confisgate 4 of my hand guns. My wife said I should talk to someone at VA about my disposition. After a grilling by 3 Physchiatrist it was found that I just had a bad moment and never intended to harm myself. I went to Police station and protested. They said that they would return them in 30 day if my wife was good with this. I think they are just stalling. Help with this please. Yahoo!

What is the link for? A news story about this?

no that is my email address

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim17265 View Post
    no that is my email address
    No, it is a link to the Yahoo home page.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Call a lawyer!!
    CountryGal likes this.

What exactly do you think that folks on the forum can do for you? I suppose we could all call the local PD and protest, then they might keep your guns for a couple of years or more.

Good luck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

originally it was listed as my email home page...this site must have blocked it..;also the state is Pa. and it looks like regulations change...also I am hoping someone here has had this happen. I am looking for the outcome...I have called lawyers. none have responsed so far.

VIP Member
    You know, we have no clue what the full story is. But, here is a suggestion for you. Your cancer is a much
    more important issue than keeping your guns. Concentrate all of your time, effort, money, patience,
    ability to remain calm, on dealing with the cancer. If VA won't treat you, see if there is some way
    to find other more immediate medical care; or if they can send you to someone who will see you more
    quickly.

Contact Veterans groups where you live to see what help they can provide in breaking through whatever the
    hurdles are.

If you have mental health issues, let's just suppose for a moment for discussion sake, maybe you are not actually
    suffering from cancer, then deal with the mental health issues.

There is nothing anyone here can do to help you but we can make suggestions. One suggestion is that emotionally charged
    issues are best dealt with by presenting a calm and reasonable demeanor. It is hard to do. I'm a guy with a sharp
    temper. It has taken me a lifetime to learn to moderate what I say the more difficult the situation is. E.g., teenage kid
    wrecks the car and almost gets himself killed--- gut wants to yell and scream and threaten to take his license and lock him in his bedroom. Brain says, 'that's part of growing up.' 'He just got the scare of his life. This was a blessing.' 'Just tell him stuff happens and now you know why it is important to be a careful driver.' See, in a situation like that you have a couple of choices about how YOU choose to react. In your case with the VA you chose it seems to react with extreme irritation. Maybe it was called for, but sometimes you really can catch more flies with honey than with fly paper. Force yourself to stay cool and
    you will achieve two things. You'll get treated and you won't have to deal with the cops.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

another case: alter Reddy is the patriotic organizer of the Committees of Safety, arguably a founding father of the modern Tea Party movement, and his right to keep and bear arms has been taken from him. It doesn't matter that he has committed no crimes, and has not been charged with a crime. A Connecticut judge told him at a hearing that Reddy had no right to an attorney and that "I'm ready to rule" to take his guns away before the patriotic organizer had the chance to say one word in his defense.
    Reddy had organized one of the first modern-day Tea Party rallies, a December 2008 rally at Boston's Faneuil Hall that featured the then-little-known Rand Paul as a keynote speaker. Rand Paul, an eye surgeon and son of Rep. Ron Paul, has since gone on to become the most prominent U.S. Senator associated with the Tea Party movement.
    The following facts are undisputed by both sides of the legal argument over possession of guns:
    • Police in Weston, Connecticut, based in part upon an unsubstantiated FBI statement that Reddy was a "person of interest" in a domestic terrorism investigation, executed a search and seizure warrant at Reddy's home on February 14 that involved the local SWAT team. The police took a pump-action shotgun and an antique revolver from Reddy.
    • Walter Reddy has no criminal record of any kind.
    • Reddy was never charged with a crime, but his legally held guns were taken from him anyway. He is, however, a widely known constitutional political activist and persistent critic of big government.
    • Reddy repeatedly asked for an opportunity to get a lawyer before a February 25 hearing on possession of his guns, and was denied his request.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What on earth does that have to do with your situation?
    AR15VSCoyote, BkCo1 and Hopyard like this.

got irate in attempting to reach (anyone there) to talk to someone about this...they vocally said, or so I thought, was another tel number...I called it not realizing it was a hotline...I could not communicate with this individual. within a short time police showed up at my house. My wife let them in and they confisgate 4 of my hand guns. My wife said I should talk to someone at VA about my disposition. After a grilling by 3 Physchiatrist it was found that I just had a bad moment and never intended to harm myself.
    I don't get it. Had you threatened suicide? You seem to have omitted much of the story.

OP if you are in need of help, get it. Other than that wait the 30 days, then go and collect your guns. We cannot help with this. If you need a lawyer, get one. Other than that, good luck.
    Hopyard and Guest1 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I always watch what you say too at the VA because they interoperate everything as post dramatic stress disorder. I told my doctor once I felt sluggish and he set me up an appointment for the shrink (head doc) and once I found that out I got out of that fast and sent all meds back to them

This is exactly the reason I want let them diagnose me with PTSD,I could get 20% for it,but,there's that chance that they could confiscate my weapons someday.They can tell me I have it all day long,but until I start collecting for it,not much they can do.

In the future, try to remain calm. Cool heads prevail.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links