Awesome fun!

Awesome fun!

This is a discussion on Awesome fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just returned from the NRA convention in St. Louis after having after having served as a volunteer firearms inspector for the last two days! ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Awesome fun!

Smile Awesome fun!

I just returned from the NRA convention in St. Louis after having after having served as a volunteer firearms inspector for the last two days! Awesome! I must have died and gone to heaven!!!

For 3 1/2 hours on Thursday evening my team inspected perhaps 300-400 exhibitor' firearms; mostly AR's (we drew the DPMS display!), but also lots of 1911's, M&P's, Sigs, etc., etc. Our objective was to ensure ALL firearms had been deactivated because it would be a public relations disaster to have an ND at the NRA annual convention.

I field stripped over 100 AR's (after clearing), pulled the bolt carrier and checked the firing pin by depressing the rear of the pin to ensure there was no protrusion through the bolt face. On pistols I usually used a dowel rod inserted into the muzzle. After clearing the weapon I inserted the rod, pulled the trigger, and made sure the rod didn't move. On some firearms it was possible to visually verify the firing pin had been removed or in some other way deactivated.

Anyway, what great fun! I got to do this again Friday morning from 7:30-10:00. What a show!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/.../vol_1/yup.gif
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Must be fun making sure nobody has a gun, and that all were inactive for the biggest gun lobby group in the country.....So much for practicing what they preach.
    Badey likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I volunteered for 3 days when the NRA convention was in Phoenix 3 years ago... nothing as much fun as checking weapons, but I got to talk 'behind the scenes' with a lot of good people. "Died and gone to heaven" - absolutely applies!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links