glock 26 not chambering round correctly

This is a discussion on glock 26 not chambering round correctly within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue.two to three rounds out of 10 will end up "almost" vertical in the chamber .I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RKM

Thread: glock 26 not chambering round correctly

glock 26 not chambering round correctly

Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue.two to three rounds out of 10 will end up "almost" vertical in the chamber .I don't mean to sound stupid but I can't really explain how the round is at the entry of the barrel but tilted up and to the left every time it malfunctions

2. Remove Ads

Someone else reported a similar problem recently, and I believe the consensus was a tired recoil spring. Try a fresh one (always good to have a spare on hand) and see if that fixes the problem.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

(I'm only asking because I know nothing about you or your experience so don't take this personally.)

is this a new purchase? first Glock? are you sure you're not limp-wristing it? many Glocks won't cycle at all if held loosely.

Thank you for the advice! I was told I could not replace just the spring.it has a lasermax laser and spring assembly

For troubleshooting replace the laser max with factory spring. Kinda sounds like the feed ramp might need some smoothing if the gun is new. Is the mag brand new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

No offense taken.yes this is my first glock but it is not a "new" gun.I bought it from a close friend who is meticulous with his guns but has not had this one out in several years.I did think maby that it could be limp wristing until I had two different guys fire it with the same outcome

I've tried two different magazines. One was used often the other only a few times.they are both factory. I would hate to lose my laser

If everything is clean and lubed and shells are not feeding right I would suspect a little bit of feed ramp adjustment might be needed. But only after verifying it is not the recoil spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

RKM
    Try fresh magazines. Get a new recoil spring. And buy a Crimson Trace laser grip. Try contacting Glock if you have further issues.

Administrator
    Check your extractor. Make sure that is clean and free to move.
    I doubt if the problem is with your LaserMax. They seem to function very well in Glock firearms and wouldn't really cause feed issues anyway.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by julpow2 View Post
    I did think maby that it could be limp wristing until I had two different guys fire it with the same outcome
    that's certainly the correct way to remove that possibility.

my first Glock was a used G17 I bought a long time ago and it wouldn't cycle well at all. with help, i finally figured out that the previous owner had put an after market spring/guide rod in it presumably for competition shooting underpowered loads. after I put an oem assembly in it it worked flawlessly for 10 years before I sold it. I've never seen a bad extractor but i have read about a few. good news is that all that stuff is crazy cheap and easy to replace.

good luck.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Mag would be my first guess. Even 2 mags can do that. Then recoil spring. Then a Glock Armorer should get involved.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

magazine issue. Springs are shot and need replaced or a new mag.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm gonna have to say that you probably ate at McDonalds before the gun started acting up,take the gun to Red Lobster so it won't feel like your such a cheapskate and it's self esteem will improve.If that doesn't solve the problem,I would try to eliminate each possible issue,replace lasermax with a factory recoilspring and guide rod,if that doesn't fix it try a magazine that runs great in another glock.Make sure the gun is clean and lubed prior to test.
    Are the rounds that are jamming the gun "spent" cases or live rounds,if they are live rounds I don't think it's gonna be an extractor issue,If they are spent rounds then it could be a weak extractor spring,or worn/chipped extractor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links