Ruger 10/22 Modifications: What have you done?

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 Modifications: What have you done? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am in the process of slowly modifying a stock Ruger 10/22 to increase its accuracy. I just ordered a new trigger and will be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Modifications: What have you done?

I am in the process of slowly modifying a stock Ruger 10/22 to increase its accuracy. I just ordered a new trigger and will be replacing the barrel and stock before to long.

What have you done to your Ruger 10/22, and why? Did you modify it for increase in accuracy? Better fitting stock? Because it "looks cool"?

Pictures would be nice as well!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

All I did was put a Butler Creek folding stock and a red dot sight on mine. This isn't much of a picture but here's my 10/22 on the wall below the Bushmaster.
    Attached Images

Way too much LOL. I am not even sure if it is a 10/22 anymore !

Senior Moderator
    I take barrel blanks and machine the stub to a light press fit. This takes up any clearance that causes the barrel to wobble.

There isnt much that I have'nt done to the 10/22 at one time or another. I threaded two of them for suppressors just a few minutes ago.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I swapped out the stock for a Hogue overmolded stock and added a TruGlo red dot. It's an awesome plinker. One of these days, I'd like to buy a second one and put a nice barrel on it with some good glass to have an inexpensive tack driver. The Volquartsens on Top Shot kind of gave me an itch.
    Flex likes this.

I like the extended mag release lever. I also bought a polymer stock, a $75 Tasco, and a half dozen Hotlips mags. I did the DuraCoat too. Nothing special, but it's accurate as can be inside of 100 yards. We line up empty shotgun hulls at 50 yards, and rapidfire peg the 4" gong at 100. I have about $350 in it total. I have another one in pieces right now. Still undecided on it's future.

DMan likes this.

all I've done is an auto bolt release, picatinny rail mount, and a 2x truglo red dot for the bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I take barrel blanks and machine the stub to a light press fit. This takes up any clearance that causes the barrel to wobble.

There isnt much that I have'nt done to the 10/22 at one time or another. I threaded two of them for suppressors just a few minutes ago.
    Whatcha think of Green Mountain Barrel?? They are near me. I had them make custom barrles for me when I was in my unit and we liked them. Easy to work with.

I did a Butler Creek stock and bull barrel, Volquartsen mag release, big scope and I think that is about it. Set it up for Sportsman Team Challenge years ago on a tight budget and haven't felt the need to change anything since.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I have left mine untouched. It was my first gun. My father bought it for me, and I can't bring myself to alter it in any way. However, I have considered picking a second one up to tinker with.
    10thmtn and sixgun like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Moderator
    Whatcha think of Green Mountain Barrel??
    I think enough of them that I ordered 10 .22 barrel blanks at 33 bucks a piece. I've put them all on Ruger 22's, but some I have turned into integrally suppressed .22 barrels.

I've got 5 of the .30 cal 1/8 twist barrel blanks on the way, they cost me 50 a piece. they will be either AR barrels or Remington 700 barrels in .300 Blackout.

I've used about every barrel made at one time or another and as far as I can tell, Green Mountain does an excellent job with the barrels. For the money they are hard to beat. Their AR barrels have done very,very well against some of the name brands in accuracy, consistently doing better than many others in the AR platforms.

Green Mountain made their name on blackpowder barrels, but since they have started doing barrel blanks and gunsmithing specials, they have continued to maintain that good name. That says alot.
    suntzu likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

So far so good! At the moment I have two identical ruger 10/22's one is my wifes and one is mine, I need "a way to tell them apart" (that is my excuse and I am sticking to it). I have a match grade trigger on the way, and plan on doing the stock a bull barrel soon. I am also thinking other things I can do it.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    all I've done is an auto bolt release, picatinny rail mount, and a 2x truglo red dot for the bunnies.
    In Bold:Definitely worth it.I did mine with a dremel tool. Took about 5 minutes.

I just the gatling gun kit. Need to get one more cheap 10/22 to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    In Bold:Definitely worth it.I did mine with a dremel tool. Took about 5 minutes.

I just the gatling gun kit. Need to get one more cheap 10/22 to finish it.
    I thought about that but I wanted to be able to switch back if I didn't like it.

Houge stock, tactical solutions barrel, Power custom trigger kit, one piece scope mount, simmons 22 scope, bolt buffer, self modififed auto release

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links