Dove Hunting Pics

This is a discussion on Dove Hunting Pics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My father, brother and myself go dove hunting every year in Yuma Arizona. This year was no different. We purchased our Licenses fo the indian ...

Thread: Dove Hunting Pics

Thumbs up Dove Hunting Pics

My father, brother and myself go dove hunting every year in Yuma Arizona. This year was no different. We purchased our Licenses fo the indian reservation as they are about 15 bucks cheaper per head and we have 'our spot'. The first day sucked big time. I got four, my brother 6 and my father 4. The limit in AZ is 10 and you can only hunt until noon. It's too damn hot to hunt past about 9:30.

That evening we went to Spargues and purchased our AZ state licenses. Headed out at about 4:00am the next morning. We found a nice sandy road with orange groves about 2 miles down. We aired down a bit and headed down the dusty trail. Right away we knew we had found a good spot. The sandy road was keeping all hunters away as they didn't want to get stuck but the orange groves were a perfect nesting place for the dove. We all bagged our limits by 7am. The sun was mostly to our backs and not another hunter in sight.

The trip turned out perfectly. We had great father son time and didn't have to worry about being shot by a newbie. What a fun trip.

These are pics of the last day. We've already put a few hundred rounds through the shotguns (and against our shoulders) and we are all a bit tired so form isn't the best but who cares, we still got 'em!

Me

Pops

Bro

Evil white wings. These birds come at you like little scud missiles. You have to be quick and shoot them before they attack!

The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Nice, looks like a good time. Hopefully I can find the time to go out this weekend.
    Fear No Evil.

It sounds like your family outing was near perfect.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I love opening weekend of Dove Season. And you are right those whitewings will definitely test your shotgunning abilities!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    That brought back some good memories...........Have not "hunted" doves in quite a while....going on ten years. Maybe when my son gets older.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Watch the truck Pops!!!
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Yummy if youve got about 20 each....
    Looks fun, I do the quail thing with my father in law every thanksgiving.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Me and my BIL last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That brought back some good memories...........Have not "hunted" doves in quite a while....going on ten years. Maybe when my son gets older.
    You should. It's the best quality time I get with my father. Who cares if we don't limit out. We take an arsonal out in the desert when it cools in the evening and blast away. We wind up having good conversation the entire weekend...something which is hard to do when EVERYONE is around during the holidays. It's not about the hunting...it's about the time with pops.
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    Yummy if youve got about 20 each....
    Looks fun, I do the quail thing with my father in law every thanksgiving.....
    Haven't done the quail..looking forward to my first trip. It's in the works.
    -John Farnum

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post

Me and my BIL last weekend.
    Looks like a beef farm? Looks like you limited, too. Much fun.

Hey, I see you have the camo buckets in the back of the truck. It looks like it's a swivel lid, too. That's exactly my setup . Affords the ability to carry all your crap around from one point to another and it's a chair! Gotta love it.
    -John Farnum

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprex View Post
    Haven't done the quail..looking forward to my first trip. It's in the works.
    Hunting quail is great. Although I go mainly for the scenery and exercise. If I get a few quail, well that's just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprex View Post
    Looks like a beef farm? Looks like you limited, too. Much fun.
    A dairy. There is one I go for doves. Another down the road I go for pigeons. And yet another across the road I go for ducks some times. These farms are about 40 minutes from my house, but worth the drive every time!

EDIT: camo buckets are the shiznit!

Links