Romney.........The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing ?

This is a discussion on Romney.........The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing ? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Only my opinion but.... it seems to me Mr. Romney was responsible for much of the gun contorversy in Mass. over the years. I know ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Romney.........The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing ?

Only my opinion but.... it seems to me Mr. Romney was responsible for much of the gun contorversy in Mass. over the years. I know he voted for the Assault Weapons Ban and has tried on many attempts to infiltrate the hunting society by conjuring up fairy tale hunts that he has participated in......the most outstanding was when he couldn't determine whether he was hunting a Moose or an Elk during an interview I watched.......just pittiful.
    I hate being blind sided again by a guy / republican who is running on his purse strings and the olympics......and I'm tired of the "Least Of Two Evils" voting......as firearm owners how can you justify voting for....."The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"....?

Dunno Myself.........just think if the ticket was Romney-Christie...One from Mass and One fro NJ......2 great gun enthuiests......Geeezzz

I don't think most folks are fooled by Romney's self professed love for guns and hunting. In fact, I will actually disagree a bit with the title of your thread. He hasn't been as far as I know tricking anybody. He is just now being a politician and courting the gun vote as much as he can. And both of the politicians you mentioned are RINO's anyway. And that ain't no secret.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'd be more inclined to compare him to a sheep in sheep's clothing with the history of a sheep.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Administrator
    "and I'm tired of the "Least Of Two Evils" voting......"

My only suggestion then would be to...stay home....don't vote...and if we happen to get the GREATER of two evils - sit back...put the TV on...crack open a beer...munch on some beef jerky and don't complain about it.

"Just always keep in mind that in order for there to be a lesser of two evils there needs to be a greater evil than the lesser one."

QKShooter ~ April 18, 2012

But, honestly I understand and share your frustration.

In this case I suggest we must vote for the lesser of two evils. Romney may be squishy on gun issues but Obama is going to run wild against guns should he have a second term. That will be the time all this gun registering and record keeping gets used --- they will come for your guns, I have no doubt about it. I have been purchasing guns off the grid for some time now and keep them in a secure location.
    Bark'n, Spirit51 and tkruf like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I think you also have to remember who he was representing as governor-the most liberal state in the union so what may seem to us as a less than pro 2A position was a matter of political expediency. I also believe that if elected, he has no intention of restricting gun rights. I know the current occupant of the White House does intend to do so. Easy call.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I believe Romney is not a gun lover, but I don't think he's a gun hater either.
    Guns will be a non-issue if Romney is in office.

I think they'll be a big issue if Obama gets back in. If nothing else, we'll see ammo prices go up again and empty walmart shelves.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    That will be the time all this gun registering and record keeping gets used --- they will come for your guns, I have no doubt about it. I have been purchasing guns off the grid for some time now and keep them in a secure location.
    Stuff like this makes me smile. It's both comforting and terrifying knowing that there are people like you out there.

VIP Member
    Vote your pocket book issues.

Guns are only one of very many things that are important. Make a list; make it long.
    And be honest. Stick with reality not day dreams and not fear. Forget party labels and ignore partisan and special
    interest propaganda.

I would not be unhappy with either, because I think both are at their core centrist moderate pragmatists.

As to the gun issue, if something is going to happen at the Federal level, and if that something is going to
    involve whoever the next Prez is, I can't see Romney and Christie as being the least bit favorable to gun owners.

However, that doesn't matter. Our country has much more important matters to concern itself, and I believe whoever is
    elected will stick with those important things because really, there is no choice; everyone has to prioritize.
    Rock and Glock and bklynboy like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "and I'm tired of the "Least Of Two Evils" voting......"

My only suggestion then would be to...stay home....don't vote...and if we happen to get the GREATER of two evils - sit back...put the TV on...crack open a beer...munch on some beef jerky and don't complain about it.

"Just always keep in mind that in order for there to be a lesser of two evils there needs to be a greater evil than the lesser one."

QKShooter ~ April 18, 2012

But, honestly I understand and share your frustration.
    I concur!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Vote your pocket book issues.

Guns are only one of very many things that are important. Make a list; make it long.
    And be honest. Stick with reality not day dreams and not fear. Forget party labels and ignore partisan and special
    interest propaganda.

I would not be unhappy with either, because I think both are at their core centrist moderate pragmatists.

As to the gun issue, if something is going to happen at the Federal level, and if that something is going to
    involve whoever the next Prez is, I can't see Romney and Christie as being the least bit favorable to gun owners.

However, that doesn't matter. Our country has much more important matters to concern itself, and I believe whoever is
    elected will stick with those important things because really, there is no choice; everyone has to prioritize.
    It doesn't take a long list...
    1. I vote pro gun
    2. I vote pro life

As long as "we the people" have our guns, we can overcome any tyranny besetting us by the government.
    As long as we don't murder our future generations, there will be patriots to hold those guns.
    My $.02
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My best suggestion is get folks in the legislature to keep him straight too. Legislature matters more than Pres anyway, for now at least.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    My best suggestion is get folks in the legislature to keep him straight too. Legislature matters more than Pres anyway, for now at least.
    ...and let the church say "AMEN"
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I hate voting for what I consider to be the lesser as well,

But as was mentioned in another recent thread, SCOTUS appointments are almost a sure thing in the next POTUS' term.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Let me know come November how it feels to prostitute out all you stand for on a losing proposition anyway.

Because yesturday I heard a Republican stragetist spell out EXACTLY how the party views you "anyone but Obama" types.

Mike Murphy's response to Melissa Block as to if Romney needs to select a VP to appeal to the base.

"The base period is the primary.You put a harness on them now. You whip them hard and they pull the wagon, "

http://m.npr.org/story/150827357?url...m-running-mate

The more I learn about Kerry....Romney the more I'm absolutely convinced he'd not be the lesser of two evils. IMO if you're willing to vote for this gun banning clown you never again have any credibility on issues 2a related.

As to the scotus, I keep asking this and eyes get glassy and responses are nonexistent. On what do you base the assumption that a Romney appointment would be more 2a friendly than Obama's?

We know how the plastic fantastic feels about us lowly subjects and guns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links