Disappointed in LaserLyte LT-PRO

This is a discussion on Disappointed in LaserLyte LT-PRO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I purchased a Laserlyte LT-PRO laser trainer to use with my Ruger SP101 .357 Mag revolver with the 4" barrel. I dry fire with snap ...

Thread: Disappointed in LaserLyte LT-PRO

Disappointed in LaserLyte LT-PRO

I purchased a Laserlyte LT-PRO laser trainer to use with my Ruger SP101 .357 Mag revolver with the 4" barrel. I dry fire with snap caps and the LT-PRO.

A complaint I have with the LT-PRO is that the point of beam impact cannot be adjusted to the iron sight setting on the target as with laser gun sight devices. If I leave the iron sights set for my normal live fire rounds, the laser beam shows up on the target about six inches below the bullseye. In fact I cannot see the laser point of impact because it is hidden by the frame of the gun. I have to place the base of the front blade at the top of the rear notch in order for the beam to strike the bullseye. It would seem that one should be able to adjust the point of impact of the beam to the iron sights so that one can train with the same iron sight setting and instinctive sight picture that one uses with live fire. If I train with a different iron sight alignment than with live fire, my live fire is not going to be an instinctive sight picture.

Otherwise, the LT-PRO works fine. I do get an extra flash when cocking the revolver for single action shooting. The extra flash does not occur during double action shooting. Removing the batteries when not in use is a hassle. I have found that unscrewing the device into two parts and storing them in a small pill bottle is easier and faster than removing the batteries or reinserting the plastic insulator. Seems that LaserLyte could incorporate a twist on/off as in Mini Maglite flashlights.

2. Remove Ads

Your unit is defective if you can not adjust the laser to point to the same place as your iron sights. That is what you are obliquely trying to ask, correct?

Return your defective unit to the seller and have the seller replace the defective unit.

The LT-PRO is not adjustable other than for the caliber of the barrel. It appears to me that one must readjust his iron sights to align with the laser point on the target. If so, this is a hassle - having to readjust one's iron sights between live fire and training with the LT-PRO. I've sent a question in to LaserLyte.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Send it to get replaced like he said, if your iron sights are correct the laser should not be off.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Similar results here too, pedalpower. I ended up selling mine out of flstration. The buyer however was satisfied. I used several differend guns with no difference. The laser died in a week and I waited two montsh for a replacement. the original was black - the replacement was red. Both of the lasers ate batteries like you would not believe. removing them (as you should do after use according to the manual) is another PIA issue. Great concept but it needs a lot of improvement for the end users convenience. A OFF switch perhaps?
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Never owned or used one of these but after looking on Amazon it appears the laser SHOULD be factory set to be perfectly straight as it sits inside your barrel. No way it should be six inches low unless it's defective. Send it back.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Hey wait.....this post appears in the Amazon comments section from April 5th. According to your post Robert you mention contact with LaserLyte and they said you need to send it in for calibration. Have you done that?

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LaserLyte Pistol Laser Trainer (9, 40, 45-Caliber)
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Links