Savage FV-SR vs CZ 452 or 455 as a host for silencer?

This is a discussion on Savage FV-SR vs CZ 452 or 455 as a host for silencer? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been considering the savage as a host for the Sparrow silencer I have on order for my handgun. But while I have been ...

Thread: Savage FV-SR vs CZ 452 or 455 as a host for silencer?

Savage FV-SR vs CZ 452 or 455 as a host for silencer?

I have been considering the savage as a host for the Sparrow silencer I have on order for my handgun. But while I have been waiting on the local gunshop to find me one I got to shoot a friends CZ. I do love the classic looks and quality of the CZ. Any thoughts? The CZ would be more of a gun that could become a family heirloom.

Michael

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'd go with the CZ. Their quality and accuracy are well know in the shooting world.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

CZs are highly regarded in the rimfire world, and you won't go wrong with either the 452 or the 455. The 455 has a slight advantage in that its barrel is easily removed (for use with other rimfire chamberings), so you could have a stock barrel as well as a suppressed barrel and change 'em out in 10 minutes. I believe you can also order the gun with a threaded barrel, which might save some extra metal work if the threads are the same as the suppressor you're looking for.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have the FV-SR and I think it makes a fantastic suppressor host. Its very accurate and fun to shoot. The factory stock leaves a lot to be desired. Even replacing it with a Boyd's Tacticool Stock and adding a scope (a decent but by no means high dollar Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x), I'm still in it for less than the CZ. Granted, the CZ looks like a fantastic rifle, but I can't see it shooting better than my FV-SR does. I'm sure it is more accurate than I am, so any additional accuracy the CZ might have over it would be wasted on me. YMMV.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Senior Moderator
    I've put cans on both of them and threaded both of them.

The CZ has a higher quality feel to it than the Savage but the Savage accu-triggers are hard to beat.

I dont think you can go wrong with either one.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have fv-sr that is way more accurate than I excected. Good ammo it will shoot MOA or just under and is silencer ready with the 16" barrel is not to long . Plus the price difference allows for more and better & match grade ammo or pays most of the atf fee.

Went ahead and ordered me a CZ452 American. Now I need to look for a good quality scope. This rifle will probably just be used for plinking and also targets at the range. Any recommendations for a good scope? Would prefer a scope that can be adjusted for range, parallax I believe is the term. That way I can use it for the close range use of the 22 rf as well as being able to use it for longer range shooting on a center fire if I choose to.

Michael

Senior Moderator
    Nikon Pro Staff .22 scope.

It what I put on all of my .22 builds.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Centerpoint 4-16 from walmart for 69 bucks. Work real well for many 22 shooters. mueller apv 4-14 129.99 at most sites. No reason to spend more. My wife has the centerpoint on her 10/22custom . Mil-dot rectical. and adjust down to 10 yards , target turrets with side mount parilux adjustment. Good enought to shot sub-moa at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Nikon Pro Staff .22 scope.

It what I put on all of my .22 builds.
    I checked out the Nikon and its reticule seems a bit large for the type target shooting both these rifles are capable. For hunting it would be fine by I have a nice early 1970's version Redfield 2 1/2x 7 scope I will use for that. The redfield also has the coarser cross hairs as well.

Michael

Links