Is it me or are Bud's prices not good anymore?

This is a discussion on Is it me or are Bud's prices not good anymore? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They are $449 on the new Shield which I guess is understandable. They have also raised the price of the Walther PPQ to $549 over ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Okemo

Thread: Is it me or are Bud's prices not good anymore?

Is it me or are Bud's prices not good anymore?

They are $449 on the new Shield which I guess is understandable. They have also raised the price of the Walther PPQ to $549 over the last month. Are they following a trend of increasing profit margins during the gun selling frenzy? They aren't looking like such a good deal anymore after you pay FFL transfer fees.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    They are $449 on the new Shield which I guess is understandable. They have also raised the price of the Walther PPQ to $549 over the last month. Are they following a trend of increasing profit margins during the gun selling frenzy? They aren't looking like such a good deal anymore after you pay FFL transfer fees.
    I was thinking the same thing. I was looking to pick up a Glock 19 and a 1911, but after I pay the transfer fees, I may actually end up paying MORE if I buy from Buds.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

This happened in 08'. If you can just wait out the buying craze, and make your purchase after the first of the year. Things should settle down.

Back then AR's were going for $1200 for a run of the mill rifle. Two years larer they were "$800.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Why not simply support your local gun shop? Real people in your community who let you hang around and talk and handle guns.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

^^^^^^^^ I agree with the you Okemo, I like to support the local guy and you get more of the friendly service from them. I just paid $449 for my new Shield from my local guy, although I did check Buds price to see where they were on pricing and it was the same. I have heard of guys buying the Shield for as low as $379 but I was told there was not going to be MAP pricing on these and they were selling for MSRP? Not sure on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Why not simply support your local gun shop? Real people in your community who let you hang around and talk and handle guns.
    That's my point, I am going to now. When I could save $50 or more through Bud's I thought it was worth it but now it's not any cheaper if not more to buy at Bud's.

Personally, I don't even think saving 50 bucks still warrents taking the money out of your community. Just me perhaps.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Personally, I don't even think saving 50 bucks still warrents taking the money out of your community. Just me perhaps.
    I would tend to agree with you. I have never bought a gun online, and always deal locally, but the prospect of saving $$ to spend on ammo or training was tempting. But after browsing, it was definitely not worth it.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    which we had a Local gun shop the only one closed it doors after 48 years... only place here to get a gun is a local pawn or big box store wlamart, academy....while the LGS was here I would pay the extra 40 -50 to buy here and have the socializing that went with it ...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I go on to price various ARs just to compare to the local stores from time to time, Buds still has low and stable prices in that area. I have noticed Glocks getting more expensive recently. I got my 19 around christmas for around $475, I've seen them for around $575 now.

I likely won't buy any firearms from an online store, but I do use them to keep the local places honest.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Yes it seems to be that finding that online deal is becoming a thing of the past right now, when you figure in the shipping and transfer your at your LGS price.
    Look at this way, If you get it at your LGS you will get your new toy sooner.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    my local dealer was selling the shields for 409.00
    Buds is hit or miss and a good barometer for pricing but at the end of the day
    I always go local.....

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that once elections are over things will settle down

Distinguished Member
    If only that was still an option for a lot of us. Closest gun shop to me is ~80mi away. Only closer option is Bi-Mart and only if you want a hunting gun.

But then again, with this being an election year, I don't think I'll be buying anytime soon.

Links