So sad...

This is a discussion on So sad... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know some of the members here are from North Carolina and are used to seeing this at parks... This kind of backwards thinking by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad...

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar

So sad...

I know some of the members here are from North Carolina and are used to seeing this at parks... This kind of backwards thinking by the government saddens me.

My friend posted this picture on her MySpace account under the title "Welcome to North Carolina." She was trying to make a joke about the sex offenders sign. She has a daughter who is 18 months and was trying to joke about it. I know she gets nervous about her daughter and from what shes told me, also the fact that the state feels they need to post a sign like that. She mentioned that "Well wouldn't a person like that just ignore the sign anyhow? I mean they don't wear tattoos on their forheads."

I decided I'd wait for another time to discuss the other sign.

The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Potential offenders and convicted, will ignore such signs just as badguys with guns will ignore signs.

Whether those in power consider this gives a ''feelgood'' factor for visitors I don't know.

Looks like the local dogs know how to treat such signs !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The combination of the two signs is just SOOO telling ... really illustrates the sheeple mindset.

VIP Member
    It looks like someone was trying to take down the CC sign.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Sheeesh...........that assumes they can read!

The logic is flawed on both signs. It's just disgusting politicians put signs up like that just to gain votes by making someone (sheep) "feel" safe.........*&^%$%^(*%$#@#$%*(

Suggestion for Simplifying Things...

Why not just have one big sign to cover everything that says:

Crime Prohibited

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    I know some of the members here are from North Carolina and are used to seeing this at parks... This kind of backwards thinking by the government saddens me.

My friend posted this picture on her MySpace account under the title "Welcome to North Carolina." She was trying to make a joke about the sex offenders sign. She has a daughter who is 18 months and was trying to joke about it. I know she gets nervous about her daughter and from what shes told me, also the fact that the state feels they need to post a sign like that. She mentioned that "Well wouldn't a person like that just ignore the sign anyhow? I mean they don't wear tattoos on their forheads."

I decided I'd wait for another time to discuss the other sign.

actually, no I've never seen either sign.

Unfortunately, in the opinion of the anti's there is little difference in the two prohibited groups...

Time to renew my NRA membership (for the third time this year)..

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    (Sarcasm on)
    What about non-concealed Handguns or concealed Long guns?
    (Sarcasm off)
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

JD
    Administrator
    WOW if I were a pedophile that's the first place I'd be....

why not put it in NEON:

SEX OFFENDERS AND FELONS COME HERE, UNARMED PEOPLE, SECLUDING TREES AND KIDS----BYOB

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I need to go into the stupid sign business. That must be one ******* market.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    I need to go into the stupid sign business. That must be one ******* market.
    hehe I know where you can get a lot of red and yellow paint for your signs

Yeah. This friend of mine is quite the lefty and I've actually never carried around her either just to avoid the claw marks. I can only imagine the look on her face when I see her and say "Well sh*t. Looks like I'm gonna watch from here."

Neon-sign is a decent idea. I like that quite a bit. haha Then you just get a whole bunch of us hangin out there and watch for outsiders to show up.... hehehe Is it considered a gang assualt if you harm something that preys on children? I mean no DA can seriously argue that a pedophile is human.....
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

JD
    Administrator
    It would make it a little easier, the NEON sign that is, all we'd have to do is wait for Michael Jackson to show up and we'll know it works

I'm imagining Michael Jackson "darting" between cover in hail of bullets using the moonwalk. We all know the famous sound he would make if he got hit.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links