NYPD: 84 rounds, 14 hits - Page 7

NYPD: 84 rounds, 14 hits

This is a discussion on NYPD: 84 rounds, 14 hits within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Boise PD shot a guy 21 or 22 times with thier .40's and he survived. Multiple into arms and legs.I make no assumptions as to ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: NYPD: 84 rounds, 14 hits

Boise PD shot a guy 21 or 22 times with thier .40's and he survived. Multiple into arms and legs.I make no assumptions as to their marksmanship or intent. My point is that neither a bazooka or a bb gun is the answer if shots are not producing major trauma or CNS damage. It's that simple.
    43hertz likes this.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timezoneguy View Post
    Boise PD shot a guy 21 or 22 times with thier .40's and he survived. Multiple into arms and legs.I make no assumptions as to their marksmanship or intent. My point is that neither a bazooka or a bb gun is the answer if shots are not producing major trauma or CNS damage. It's that simple.
    Exactly.
    I seem to recall a Michigan school shooting wherein three people were killed by 22LR by a kid with a pistol.

To paraphrase Delbert McClinton, "it ain't what you load, it's the way how you shoot it."

That's why I carry the B.A.R. (or insert your favorite weapon here_____________)

But, In answer to the title of the original post...

Yes Virginia, there is a 9mm... it is real... I know, I have seen one... In fact, I own one...
    NH_Esau and WHEC724 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

A bullet wound does not stop a man.

Fatal trauma to the central nervous system does. Loss of consciousness due to a loss of blood pressure does.

I trust just about any main-stream caliber out there to have the penetration and energy required to produce enough damage if I hit my target.

If anything this encounter shows why the 9mm may be better than a larger caliber -- look at how many rounds those cops shot. They would have had to reload twice as many times with a 1911. A miss with a 45 is the same as a miss with the 9.

Personally, I frequently carry .38, 40, and 45. I don't carry a 9 because I don't trust my Sig enough (my only 9 milly).

Bullets of any caliber can do really strange things on striking a human body. I have, over 30 years as a cop, personally seen some of the results as follows:

1. Suspect had five .45 cal round nose to the belly in a star pattern - lived.

2. Suspect took a shotgun blast to the belly point blank, exiting next to the spinal column and leaving about a five inch hole - lived for months in a hospital - don't know if he survived after that because no reason to keep track.

3. A friend many moons ago took nine 9mm rounds to her arms, legs and one to the spleen, and one to the back of the head point blank -The one to her head bounced off her big ol hard red head, traveled around her skull from back to front under the skin, exited her jaw - She lived to later, when fully recovered, complete our Sheriff's Dept Academy and become a Deputy Sheriff. I told her that obviously God did not want her and The Devil was afraid she would take over. The Academy Supervisor, I am told, for years, kept two pictures of her over his desk. One in the hospital, tubes running out of here everywhere, and the other of her graduating the academy. With those pictures was the simple statement "Don't tell me you can't"

So, who can say what will happen with any gunshot wound. Just carry as good a weapon as you can, try to hit the target in vital areas and do your best. The rest is up to fate.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links