3 inch gp100 vs 4 inch gp 100 recoil

This is a discussion on 3 inch gp100 vs 4 inch gp 100 recoil within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have fired the gp100 4 inch and it works great I am wondering is the 3 inch too dramatic in recoil or is it ...

Thread: 3 inch gp100 vs 4 inch gp 100 recoil

3 inch gp100 vs 4 inch gp 100 recoil

I have fired the gp100 4 inch and it works great I am wondering is the 3 inch too dramatic in recoil or is it about the same?

2. Remove Ads

I don't think you'll be able to tell a whole lot of difference. And if you can, it's probably negligible since they are both fairly heavy guns.

I have a 3" stainless Ruger Speed Six and it is one of my favorite guns. A real tack driver and very manageable with magnum loads and the Hogue grips which came with it.

While I don't have a 4" magnum, I have shot several and I can't remember noticing much. However, I have not shot a 4" and a 3" together at the same range session so my comparison may be a little different than what you experience.

Now my 2 1/4" Ruger SP-101 is a different story. Although, it too is pretty manageable with magnum loads and the factory grips it is definitely noticeable compared to my 3" Speed Six. Aftermarket grips would certainly help it, but I haven't seen the need to get any as of yet.

Personally, I think 3" is about the perfect length. Still accurate and a slightly more comfortable balance in the hand.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Appreciate it. I want the 3 for ccw/ home defense and the 4 for the house alone.

Links