Apparently I have horrible timing when it comes to ordering guns

This is a discussion on Apparently I have horrible timing when it comes to ordering guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It seems most of the time I go to my LGS to order a new gun, the company I want to order from has ended ...

Thread: Apparently I have horrible timing when it comes to ordering guns

It seems most of the time I go to my LGS to order a new gun, the company I want to order from has ended production for that model for the year and their distributors are out of them. The first time I wanted to order a Springfield Loaded OD 1911 with a 4" barrel. I was told that Springfield had an issue with vendors providing the parts so they weren't making their 1911's. The second time I was successful and was able to order my Gen4 Glock 19. However, today when I went in to order a Browning Citori Feather Lightning, The Manager at the LGS called them up to see if having a gun on order would qualify me for a rebate Browning was offering that ended on April 30. Turns out it didn't matter since Browning won't be producing that model of Citori until July and the gun had to be readily available for shipping for the rebate to count.

So does anybody else have horrible timing like I do when it comes to ordering firearms?

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    That's why I don't order them. I find a gun shop that has it on hand and walk out the door with it when I buy it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They need to get off their tail and build guns... LOL
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'm the opposite, I find something I really like... be it a TALO exclusive or something not very common. In stock.

Then I think too much about how much it costs and poof! it's out of stock. After that I get mad at myself for not spending the cash.

I ordered my S&W 327 TRR8 last year. I had to wait for production to begin again. Sometimes it is worth waiting. It was for me anyways.

It's funny, but I've seen the same model gun twice, used instead of new, selling for more than what I paid as well. I mentioned that to the one guy selling it and got an ugly look. No one was even at his table at the gun show at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    That's why I don't order them. I find a gun shop that has it on hand and walk out the door with it when I buy it.
    I formerly had the same mind-set but I changed it when I noticed that my LGS was pretty much out of stock for the specific item(s) that I wanted.

Since I have changed over to ordering my guns whenever I do not see them in stock, I feel like the LGS staff see me as a more serious customer rather than a casual impulse buyer who only buys what they see on display.

Please do not take this as a criticism of your buying habits; it's just something that I chose to change and it has been satisfying for me.

Sponsored Links