bad. son shoots dad

bad. son shoots dad

This is a discussion on bad. son shoots dad within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in a town if about 300 people. Last night a friend of my brothers was home when he got a call from his ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By barstoolguru
  • 2 Post By Sig35seven

Thread: bad. son shoots dad

bad. son shoots dad

I live in a town if about 300 people. Last night a friend of my brothers was home when he got a call from his cousin that his dad and mom were fighting his house is on his dads land. He went to see what was goin on. When he got there his dad had a gun pulled in his mom he broke it up but his dad chased him to his house shooting at him. He has 3 kids in the house asleep so once he got in the house he shut the door and got a gun and shot through the door his dad was trying to kick in and hit his dad killing him. He is not in jail at this time. So far there has been no news coverage on this for me to post a link to the story. I know nobody wants to shoot someone much less there dad but you have to protect your kids.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    tragic.

A parent has an obligation to protect their kids...regardless of who it is. I can't imagine, but I also do not have family dynamics of that nature either.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

His dad was always mean but never took it to that level before.

Sound justified to me; someone follows me with a gun shooting only has one intention and that to kill
    goldshellback and tkruf like this.

Why is he in jail? Sounds to me like he was justified, hands down. Sorry for him that he had to shoot his dad, but you got to do what you got to do. His kids have to come first.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Tkruf- I believe you miss read it I said at this point he is not in jail.

Sounds like a wonderful father, chasing his son with a gun....nice. I'll take a wild guess and say he wasnt much of a father growing up either.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    liquor....years of unemployment...perhaps a poor upbringing that got made worse

road rage...rage in general set off by ---who knows what and when.
    but if you are in the area when it happens; sad stories are being told.

for all involved, their lives have been changed; i hope they may move foward with some degree of peace.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Sad. Sounds like alcohol, drugs, or severe mental illness was involved. Sometimes you just have to
    do what you have to do.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Sounds like if dad had an anger problem coupled with a domestic violence personality and under the influence of drugs/alcohol, under "Brady law" should never have owned a gun in the first place,any person that tries to kill me or mine and I will use deadly force to protect them.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He was actually a very wealthy man but a drunk. His kids always had nice things like new trucks 4wheelers everything like that but who knows what a person is like behind closed doors. I never knew he was violent. He was always having big fish fries and cook out and invited everyone but once he got to drinking he just bragged about his money and everything he had. I never went back after one super bowl party. I guess he finely snapped. Who know what all led to this its just sad his son had to do this I just hope he can pull through everything for his kids.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Justified... but still terrible...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Sad story.

I had an uncle who was a wonderful man who I had enormous respect for. On Saturday nights he would drink moonshine and turn into a violent raving monster. He once took a kitchen knife and threatened to kill everyone in the house. We ran out the back door and left for the night. The next day he didn't remember a thing. Alcohol is one of, if not THE most dangerous substances on the planet.
    Hopyard and jace33 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Links