How come you never hear....

This is a discussion on How come you never hear.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How come you never hear police say to criminals that they should not carry firearms because their victim may take it from them and use ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By ExactlyMyPoint
  • 5 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 1 Post By lordofwyr

Thread: How come you never hear....

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

How come you never hear....

How come you never hear police say to criminals that they should not carry firearms because their victim may take it from them and use it against them?

Just curious.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

The same reason the police never tell them to get a belt and pull up their pants. Makes their job easier.

I believe the Sheriff in Spartanburg county SC is starting to tell criminals that their victims might be armed too. Since he is the one encouraging them to be armed. Disarming the victim never made sense to me either.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    The same reason the police never tell them to get a belt and pull up their pants. Makes their job easier.
    Well Said!

Great point!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Hey! Don't let the secret out!!! It took us DECADES of subtle work to get the moron gang members to wear identifying colors and those stupid sagging pants so we could spot them a mile off and so that they would have to hold up their pants with at least one hand, slowing them down or tripping on them when they ran!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Because the criminals are trained professionals & know what they're doing. DO NOT try this at home!
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    How come you never hear police say to criminals that they should not carry firearms because their victim may take it from them and use it against them?

Just curious.
    Like this?

Victor Marx demonstrates the world's fastest gun disarm. [VIDEO]
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Cool video! The guy is fast! I don't think I'd want to try that myself, though. I'm too old and slow now.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Funny point, but also kind of ironic that many anti gun folks think that people with guns and law abiding are somehow criminal in their approach to having and using them.

Even if Police did say that to a criminal, many of them bent on plying the trade will simply ignore anything reguarding law or "scenarios". That is what separates us from them, the fact that they do not obey laws in the first place and many criminals are just plain stupid.

A gun weilding criminal will never consider the fact that they could possibly be disarmed and killed with their own gun, so informing them of this "fact" will be a waste of time.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Hey! Don't let the secret out!!! It took us DECADES of subtle work to get the moron gang members to wear identifying colors and those stupid sagging pants so we could spot them a mile off and so that they would have to hold up their pants with at least one hand, slowing them down or tripping on them when they ran!
    You forgot the hoodie!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Cool video! The guy is fast! I don't think I'd want to try that myself, though. I'm too old and slow now.
    I feel your pain. Really feel it especially when it is cold and rainy.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You forgot the hoodie!
    Come on. Who doesn't own at least one hoodie. The old girls who walk every day around my block has one. A cute baby girl in a stroller has a pink one. My 9 year old grand daughter has one. I HAVE ONE. Hoodie is just a "red herring".
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

i dis-arm with a double tap from my .45
    in case they get the drop on me, my wife carries a .40.she wont double tap though, she has a knee-cap and crotch combo that makes them wish she shot higher

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post

Just curious.
    The police and the Government know that they cannot control the actions of criminals. They can however control many of the honest citizens who will gladly accept what anyone in authority tells them is true.

Michael

Links