Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan

This is a discussion on Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heard a rumor yesterday that Ruger is stopping production on the Alaskan. I cannot find anything online about this, only that they are hard to ...

Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan

Question Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan

Heard a rumor yesterday that Ruger is stopping production on the Alaskan. I cannot find anything online about this, only that they are hard to find on any of the websites. However this may be due to the high demand, that prompted Ruger to suspend new orders while they ramp up production. Is this fact or fiction?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
    Kimber CDP fullsize Kimber CDP Ultra
    Colt Combat Commander Colt Goverment 1991
    Springfield Armory 1911-a1 Sig Sauer GSR 1911

I'm a 1911 guy.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I haven't heard anything specific to the Alaskan.

You might be hearing a variation of the temporary new-order suspension while they get caught up. It just sounds like good business to me.: Ruger Temporarily Suspends New Orders

I got mine!

I would think Ruger is just doing good business, I would not think they would suspend production perminantly on a popular gun. BTW I would love to grab one of these, but I can settle for my Uncles S&W 357. Whenever he desides to part with it......
    I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
    - Rambo, John J.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Love to own one of the little cannons but I would think a short tubed magnum would'ent have to much of a demand.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Rumors are just that, rumors until verification. I'd take it with a grain of salt until more substantial evidence reveals itself.

I've called Ruger several months ago to ask about this revolver. It isn't being discontinued. This is just how they do things - a couple guns in production at a time. Also, check their website for Serial Numbers - notice the Alaskan has 2012 Serials - which means they either designated a block in advance or have actually started production - either way it shows intent to continue with this firearm. The current lack of availability of this gun is no big deal - everyone relax, put your orders in and wait - if you really want it. All of this hype and paranoia is just going to drive up the price of what should be a reasonably priced handgun.

Actually picked this badboy up on Monday. OTD for $829. Alaskan in .44 Mag

IMG_0118.jpg
    I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
    - Rambo, John J.

Links