Brownells / Sinclair Int. caution

This is a discussion on Brownells / Sinclair Int. caution within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I believe Brownells and its sister company Sinclair, which shares the same order system, has a computer problem. I placed an order for four AR15 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By bowserb
  • 1 Post By Retiredonce

Thread: Brownells / Sinclair Int. caution

I believe Brownells and its sister company Sinclair, which shares the same order system, has a computer problem. I placed an order for four AR15 mags yesterday and received a confirmation of the order. Today, I received a second confirmation in which the line item had been duplicated and so was now for eight mags.

I called immediately and was told "It's too late, the order has been picked. When you receive it you can go online and request a return authorization. No we do not email shipping labels, you can just call and ask to be reimbursed your shipping cost." (Yeah, sure, and I'm also going to ask Obama to join the NRA).

Since no one there had any idea how the error happened, it seems likely that it could happen again, and I see no way for a customer to avoid it, as their original order confirmation was correct.

Forwarned is forearmed. I'm scratching Brownells from my online dealer list.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

if you paid by CC get them involved and file
    marcclarke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if you paid by CC get them involved and file
    That's my fall back. Their system also duplicated my shipping address (my wife's office) for my billing address, so I'm a little surprised the credit card company accepted the charge.

BTW, I like your "A Trip to the Moon" screen shot avatar.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

I have had the problem before with other co's and it’s a pain in the butt but this is the what happens when you deal with on line co's. The office is in one place and the 24 hour whse is in another shipping orders fast so YOU can’t cancel

and thanks for the comment on the avatar. I was wondering if anyone knew what movie it was from. Pretty impressive for a movie made 110 years ago

Administrator
    I have been dealing with Brownell's for years now. I place my orders by phone and my credit card # is on file with them. I have never had a problem ordering from them by phone.

Sorry to hear that you had a problem. It's obviously a glitch that needs to be fixed.
    Don't be so quick to bash Brownell's though. Brownell's is an incredible company. They have a "No Questions Asked" ironclad Satisfaction Guarantee and an amazingly helpful Technical Assistance staff.

You can buy any item from Brownell's and return it even if your only reason is that you just don't like it. I actually know first hand that a person in PGH. bought a 1911 barrel from Brownell's - attempted to fit that barrel and BOTCHED IT and Brownell's still fully refunded him for that barrel and suggested that he buy a KART Easy Fit barrel.

I once purchased a bake on spray finish from them and when it arrived the can would not spray.
    They A.S.A.P sent me a replacement can and told me not to bother shipping the defective can back.

When I was doing a "build" I ordered extra parts AKA I did not know exactly which parts I wanted to use since I needed to see/evaluate various parts "in person" first and I returned the unused parts and got those amounts refunded to my C.C. without a hitch.

Try ordering by phone next time and give them another chance.
    gasmitty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
    I believe Brownells and its sister company Sinclair, which shares the same order system, has a computer problem. I placed an order for four AR15 mags yesterday and received a confirmation of the order. Today, I received a second confirmation in which the line item had been duplicated and so was now for eight mags.

I called immediately and was told "It's too late, the order has been picked. When you receive it you can go online and request a return authorization. No we do not email shipping labels, you can just call and ask to be reimbursed your shipping cost." (Yeah, sure, and I'm also going to ask Obama to join the NRA).

Since no one there had any idea how the error happened, it seems likely that it could happen again, and I see no way for a customer to avoid it, as their original order confirmation was correct.

Forwarned is forearmed. I'm scratching Brownells from my online dealer list.
    When I had an order problem a few years a,go they reimbursed the return shipping fee exactly what was on the shipping label.

I sent essentially the same info as I posted here to Brownells. I just received an email from Karen Blankenship. She says there was "a system or download issue" and that I will be issued a credit for the amount of the extra mags. Further I should keep the four extra mags sent in error at no charge.

My apologies to Brownells. They're back on my dealer list.

Edit: Karen just called to confirm that everything was OK. They're now tops on my list...but I think I'll wait a few weeks before buying again, to give them time to fix whatever was wrong.
    Last edited by bowserb; May 4th, 2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Update
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Bill

VIP Member
    WoW.

Goooooooooo!!!!!!!! Brownell's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
    I sent essentially the same info as I posted here to Brownells. I just received an email from Karen Blankenship. She says there was "a system or download issue" and that I will be issued a credit for the amount of the extra mags. Further I should keep the four extra mags sent in error at no charge.

My apologies to Brownells. They're back on my dealer list.

Edit: Karen just called to confirm that everything was OK. They're now tops on my list...but I think I'll wait a few weeks before buying again, to give them time to fix whatever was wrong.
    You just don't hear of customer service like this any more; WTG Brownells!
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Yes indeed. And I believe kudos are as important to pass on as criticism. Those mil-spec mags probably cost Brownells $3 a piece, but their actions will get them a lot more business from me.
    Bill

Sponsored Links