Firearms Myths by James Yeager

This is a discussion on Firearms Myths by James Yeager within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Firearms Myths - YouTube...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Firearms Myths by James Yeager

Firearms Myths by James Yeager

2. Remove Ads

Good video. I like James' style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

VIP Member
    I am not a fan of Mr.Yeager, but he does have his place.
    JD, TN_Mike and Dennis1209 like this.

VIP Member
    Good video and some good advice.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I can't stand the guy. What he did in Iraq left a bad taste in my mouth. IMO he did the smart thing, but he should have got his entire team in the ditch with him. His Shield videos kinda turned me off too...seems too eager to please S&W.

IMO This guy is a pretty good instructor, and has real world knowledge. I like him.

I've met him. I've talked to him and I live within 2 hours of his "training" facility. I wouldn't send someone I dislike to train with this jack hole.
    Bubbiesdad and Dennis1209 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    I quit listening to him when I watch the video he did and said "All guns should be 9mm, all 9mm should be Glock's and all Glock's should be Glock 19's."
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SickMAK90 View Post
    I can't stand the guy. What he did in Iraq left a bad taste in my mouth. IMO he did the smart thing, but he should have got his entire team in the ditch with him. His Shield videos kinda turned me off too...seems too eager to please S&W.
    I'm curious, what did he do in Iraq?
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

You realise this is the same guy that got team members killed because he could'nt give orders,and "STOPPED" a detail on a road in Iraq,and don't bring into question my experience,I was there,3 times with USMC,1 privately. I would'nt let this guy train my dog to sit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    IMO This guy is a pretty good instructor, and has real world knowledge. I like him.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I quit listening to him when I watch the video he did and said "All guns should be 9mm, all 9mm should be Glock's and all Glock's should be Glock 19's."
    But that's just his opinion of what he likes. In another video/interview he explains that and says there are many good combat firearms a person can carry and rattles off a list of manufactures.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Here is the video of the Edinborough Risk Ambush. Judge for yourself. Edinborough Risk Ambush I have not been able to find any of his team members out there bashing him for what happened. If someone knows, I would like to see it....

James Yeager: Edinborough Risk Ambush - YouTube
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I watched the entire thing years ago,why did he take the camera down?Why is Edinborough suing him for 9,500,000.I don't know,watch the vid and it just looks like an ambush,till you hear no orders from the Team leader(James Yeager) why did he not give a carrie on order when the lead car stopped I don't know,but it is common sense that you dont stop any vehicle unless stopped.I can tell you team members want to remain anonomous and not have their ident's exposed if they don't have to,like all Special Op's guy's.JMTCW,If you like him and his training method's good,I would just find it hard to train with a guy that say's he is all that and freezes up himself.Harryball made a great point Judge for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Here is the video of the Edinborough Risk Ambush. Judge for yourself. Edinborough Risk Ambush I have not been able to find any of his team members out there bashing him for what happened. If someone knows, I would like to see it....

James Yeager: Edinborough Risk Ambush - YouTube

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    I watched the entire thing years ago,why did he take the camera down?Why is Edinborough suing him for 9,500,000.I don't know,watch the vid and it just looks like an ambush,till you hear no orders from the Team leader(James Yeager) why did he not give a carrie on order when the lead car stopped I don't know,but it is common sense that you dont stop any vehicle unless stopped.I can tell you team members want to remain anonomous and not have their ident's exposed if they don't have to,like all Special Op's guy's.JMTCW,If you like him and his training method's good,I would just find it hard to train with a guy that say's he is all that and freezes up himself.Harryball made a great point Judge for yourself.
    According to the AAR from Edinburgh, Yeager was the Driver of vehicle 1 (the lead vehicle on the right of the screen) and not the team leader. Allan Johnson is listed as the leader and was in vehicle #3. Yeager couldn't get vehicle 1 moving, dismounted and went for cover in the ditch on the right side of the screen.

IIRC the lawsuit was because Yeager was speaking out against Edinburgh and they were suing him to keep quiet.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    According to the AAR from Edinburgh, Yeager was the Driver of vehicle 1 (the lead vehicle on the right of the screen) and not the team leader. Allan Johnson is listed as the leader and was in vehicle #3. Yeager couldn't get vehicle 1 moving, dismounted and went for cover in the ditch on the right side of the screen.

IIRC the lawsuit was because Yeager was speaking out against Edinburgh and they were suing him to keep quiet.
    This is what I had heard as well. Just seems a lot of folks are out to judge without knowing what really happened....JMO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links