LC9 Range Observations

This is a discussion on LC9 Range Observations within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On previous trips to the range with my LC9, I had an occasional jam with 115 grain loads. (Federal FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense). Yesterday ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chesafreak

Thread: LC9 Range Observations

LC9 Range Observations

On previous trips to the range with my LC9, I had an occasional jam with 115 grain loads. (Federal FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense).

Yesterday I switched to 124 grain American Eagle and Gold Dot +P Short Barrel. No more jams. I think the longer bullet is helping it to feed more reliably.

Every time I have taken my LC9 to the range, the person in the lane to my right gets showered with my brass and gives up and leaves. The ejected cases go right over the wall into the next lane.

The Galloway trigger kit I had installed seems to make it a little more pleasant to shoot. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it does make a difference. I think that the trigger pull is a little smoother as well as shorter. The Galloway kit claims to cut the trigger travel in half, which it does. The Galloway trigger is supposed to start out all the way forward and break about halfway back. In my case, it starts halfway back and breaks all the way back where the original trigger group breaks at. The result is the same except for the trigger reach is shortend. I was going to complain about that and find out what caused the difference, but I think that the shortend trigger reach will make this the perfect gun for my small framed girlfriend to shoot. I am considering loaning it to her and getting myself something new to take its place.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Did you get rid of the mag safety? Mine is still stock but I am thinking about taking it out. In case I would need to fire with out a mag.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Did you get rid of the mag safety? Mine is still stock but I am thinking about taking it out. In case I would need to fire with out a mag.
    No, I didn't remove the mag safety. I'm not a fan of removing safety features.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post

Every time I have taken my LC9 to the range, the person in the lane to my right gets showered with my brass and gives up and leaves. The ejected cases go right over the wall into the next lane.
    Mine does the same thing. It really kicks the brass up in the air!

Mine hasn't jammed yet, I mainly shoot winchester white box and american eagle +p.

Once I got my hand and finger placement down and committed to muscle memory, I found that the LC9 is very accurate. Slow fire groups have been between 2 and 3 inches and rapid fire in a group the size of my hand at ten yards.

Links