60 rounds, and 2 weeks, Viridan C5L already broke!?

This is a discussion on 60 rounds, and 2 weeks, Viridan C5L already broke!? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got it for my MP9 but been using it on my PF9 until my holster arrives. awesome little thing. perfect for my intended use... however, ...

Thread: 60 rounds, and 2 weeks, Viridan C5L already broke!?

60 rounds, and 2 weeks, Viridan C5L already broke!?

Got it for my MP9 but been using it on my PF9 until my holster arrives.

awesome little thing. perfect for my intended use...

however, the problem is the sob lasted only 2 weeks!!! the buttons aren't responsive and I guess the micro controller is messed up because the thing won't turn off sometimes, and the light and laser will not stay on at the same time. or the strobe is off sync where it'll strobe steady, then stop for a second, and strobe again.

what a bummer.... 270 bucks and the thing won't last me couple weeks

and I was thinking about getting X5L for my duty gun.

I'll give viridan a chance and see if they make it right, if not, I will want my money back.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From their website:

Viridian C5L Gun Laser Sights | Viridian Green Laser Gun Sights

Laser Aiming Systems Corporation warrants for 12 months after purchase that its products will be free from defects in material and workmanship. Laser Aiming Systems Corporation will repair or replace, at its option, any product or part (with the exception of the battery) which is found to be defective under normal use and service, without charge. Laser Aiming Systems Corporation's obligation to repair or replace, at Laser Aiming System's option, shall be the purchaser's sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Bummer! That really sucks man, I really loved the concept of that system. I lucked out by not having cash on hand when I could have bought one, then read numerous reviews that sound just like yours. I've also watched a few YouTube reviews where the ligt/laser craps out during the actual review.

What sucks is that if they were reliable they would be fantastic additions to any weapon with a rail.

I almost didn't want to believe the bad reviews and even wrote the company from my .mil account asking about reliability and expected round count lifespan. In my e-mail I explained that I didn't expect any tactical gear to last "forever" but usually to uphold to a certain round count. I explained that I planned on shooting with the c5l attached to my weapon weekly, about 100 to 200 rounds per session.

I got deafening silence. I wrote again figuring they were busy at a major gun show or what not; it happens.

Deafening silence.

I wrote one last time saying that I won't buy their products if this was an example of their customer service.

Deafening silence.

send it back

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    send it back
    Quickly before your time runs out

I'll bet the iron sights still work.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Agreed. I finally have up the search for the perfect laser and just decided that a rail mounted light was as high tech as I wanted to go. Guess what? At night, with my rail mounted light on I can see my irons silhouetted perfectly! After shooting like this and getting hits I stopped caring about lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You're right.

It worked well for my application though, and it was a good help to help me shoot quicker.

I might just get the exhance via amazon, at least I won't have to wait weeks for it get 'looked at' by viridian.

Hmm. Battery died. No idea how it lasted 2 weeks...

Got a new one, working as intended. Goes to show how it can leave you u stranded if it were to go down when I needed it..

I bought an energizer so i hope will last this time.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Links